4805 build thread

Having had mine sit for an extended period with a brief moment of success somewhere in the middle, I can sure relate to getting disheartened.

But once you get back in the groove... I get antsy now when I don't have something to meddle with. So, it's all about taking that next step!

Hey Jeff, next time you get antsy I'll pay for you to come out for a week to "meddle" with some of my stuff. With 14 vehicles I have plenty to work on 😜

Roy

12a5ad1818a940accf72b9cc3f835b98.jpg

8d2be6a7ccfb13fe9d56163bb7443e9d.jpg

For the last year I’ve have been either racing, riding or building bikes. My wife, son and I went to Spookfest today, I kinda forgot what a Gen 1 looked like. Also sparked a little bit of motivation.
IVSVS Bear/hunting season is coming soon I’ve got the lift for about a 2 weeks if your still willing to lend a hand I will pick you up some Troeg.
While I have the lift I need to swap fuel lines, wire in the fast Xfi, install the flex fuel sensor and swap turbos. The hard part will be finding all the stuff I bought for it 2 years ago after spook.
After Bill passed I lost what little interest I had, I did Briefly put the truck up for sale. I’m glad a few of you guys talked a little sense into me. I’ve been at this since 2004 it’s time…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cab do it jason!!!! It was great seeing you today. Sorry we didn't talk more, but we had a lot of adjustments to make in the suspension

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12a5ad1818a940accf72b9cc3f835b98.jpg

8d2be6a7ccfb13fe9d56163bb7443e9d.jpg

For the last year I’ve have been either racing, riding or building bikes. My wife, son and I went to Spookfest today, I kinda forgot what a Gen 1 looked like. Also sparked a little bit of motivation.
IVSVS Bear/hunting season is coming soon I’ve got the lift for about a 2 weeks if your still willing to lend a hand I will pick you up some Troeg.
While I have the lift I need to swap fuel lines, wire in the fast Xfi, install the flex fuel sensor and swap turbos. The hard part will be finding all the stuff I bought for it 2 years ago after spook.
After Bill passed I lost what little interest I had, I did Briefly put the truck up for sale. I’m glad a few of you guys talked a little sense into me. I’ve been at this since 2004 it’s time…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know how to get ahold of me. I'm running into a 'schedule from hell' right now, but we should be able to make a day of it. No Nugget, though. Perpetual. :) We will want to get work done. Maybe bring Oppenheimer along for laughs.

Nice to meet you, Jason! Give it hell! And maybe not change EVERYTHING at once? :D

Jeff, IF he ever gets it done Its going to be a show stopper. I've been breaking balls with him over it for years now. :D Jason, When John and I come up, you are going to take mine for a drive. I gotta give you some incentive...

I went to Spookfest today, I kinda forgot what a Gen 1 looked like. Also sparked a little bit of motivation.

It was good to see you Sunday and we’re all routing for you to get back working on the truck and try to get it running and driving.

You’ll never “finish it” because we all just keep adding/changing things as the years go by but once you can get it where you can drive it that will give you a huge spark to move forward!

I agree with Jamie, having the ability to "enjoy" a long build even the slightest is very motivating. Was nice meeting you Sunday. Hopefully you can get a few steps forward with this build.

Back