408w Soon

bsharp

Looking to get get a 408w soon and am thinking about a couple of ways for engine control management. I have a new microsquirt and if I use that I will need a trans controller to go with it. Is there a piggyback chip that can used with the stock ECM.

As long as the factory ecu can see rpm, tps, and speed, it will run the transmission. It wants to see trans temp back from the transmission.

Basically if you leave all of leads to the transmission harness in the 60 pin, and split tps, rpm and vss, it'll work.

However, the Quick 4 is really nice, or the Stinger PxS will run everything (engine and trans) just fine.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I have a Quick 4 in my 68 mustang with a 4r70w and it is great. I guess I can use a
QUICK 4 and a Microsquirt or get a Pimp and use it to control everything.

I have been running a Pimpxshift for a few months to make sure everything works with the stock engine and trans.
This is prep for installing a 427 this winter.

The Pimp works great. The product support has also been great.

are you buying it build or doing a custom build? i can share my 408w parts list if needed

With the stock ECU, the bare minimum you will need to run the transmission is throttle position & vehicle speed. There are some WOT tables that are RPM based, but what I have found with those is that they are set so high that it doesn't affect the operation. Basically, the condition based on TP and VS happens well before the RPM limit is reached.
Also, I can't remember if the converter lock schedules (speed density ECU's) are dependent on temp for it to lock up at all. It wouldn't hurt to leave the temp sensor connection alone, just in case.

Also, I can't remember if the converter lock schedules (speed density ECU's) are dependent on temp for it to lock up at all. It wouldn't hurt to leave the temp sensor connection alone, just in case.

That's why the ECU needs the trans temp. It won't lock the converter until the trans gets some heat in it.

This was the list me and my builder worked on before buying parts for mine.

Attachments

• 408 393 Part Combinations.png
    408 393 Part Combinations.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 34
Back