408 Bronco - GT40 vs TRS-R Intake

BeeRonCo

I need some advice, seems I cannot get a good answer on this. I have a 408 build and need an intake. Actually, I already have a TFS-R 75mm intake that I was going to use. The guys at Fox Lake tell me that the long runners of the TFS-R are going to kill my torque and that I need a Lightning GT40 intake. If I was going stock 351 I would agree. In the past, I felt that the additional cu would make up enough difference and that the longer runners on the TFS-R would not hurt me, since I am not a stock 351. I am looking to have my heads ported, and having a custom cam grind done for my setup that would provide a balance of torque and HP. This will not be blown. Any thoughts on this from people who have been down this path already?

Call TrickFlow, I would be willing to bet the runner length's are similar to the GT40, so it would be a mute point.

Run it...

i have a tfs-r on my stock stroke,vic jr headed,naturally aspirated,351w and i assure you torque is plentiful!

I also have a TFSR on my truck - 1988 F150 with a 351, Edelbrock RPM heads, Lunati 51025 cam, and longtubes, and it is fine. Plenty of grunt. With you having a 408 you should have no issues with the TFSR intake.

Back