2021 Ford F-150 Lightning?

Better be 5.0SC’d and not an ecoboost variant. I am sorry but the Raptor even (especially) with exhaust just sound awful. Like a ricer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been waiting since the 3.5 ecoboost was introduced to see an ecoboost 5.0. But if not that it better have the supercharged 5.0

The ideal setup would be either an ecoboost or supercharged 7.3, that would sell! It would be the only F-150 with the Godzilla engine.

To me it looks like the Lightning is once again going to take second fiddle to another model. Back in our Gen 1 days we couldn't have a truck that outperformed the Cobra. Now if you guys notice there's a line in there that says this can't outperform the Raptor. Sounds like it's get some watered down 5.0 or the old Raptor setup...

Not at all happy with the wording in that article.

Sales had NOTHING to do with the end of the Lightning. Not being able to hit their performance targets with that massively heavy Gen 11 platform is what killed it. Even with the big increase in power, the truck would have been slower than its predecessor and the handling/braking wasn't considered to be acceptable due to the weight and the overall increase in size. They also believed that the $50K+ price tag in 2005 would price it out of the market.

It'll be $70K now (not the $50K listed in the article) if it's a real Lightning with a real Lightning upgrades and not some wheel and interior package.

Ford has never had a better platform than right now for a lightning. A light truck with great v8 motor options. Could build a 10 second factory truck with ease.

It would be great if Ford tried again with a third generation Lightning. Apparently there are some dealers out there who are making Lightnings on the sly. Ran into a guy on the local Boulevard cruise night with a 2019 Lightning. Ugly MFer. Too boxy looking for me, just as the current F-150s are. Square bears. FUGLY. But yeah, they'd run away from my beautiful Gen. II Lightning. To which, I could care less. I don't own it to race it. I own it because I love the way it looks. Nothing more.

Attachments

• 01010064.jpg
    01010064.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 01010063.jpg
    01010063.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Apparently there are some dealers out there who are making Lightnings on the sly. Ran into a guy on the local Boulevard cruise night with a 2019 Lightning.

This reminds me of the dealer added "SS" options in the 70s. To me if it doesn't leave the factory as a Lightning it's just an F150.

Not sure if it's a true lightning though but I agree that it looks like an awesome rig. It will look great with a nice wheel and tire package

Back