2016 Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car

Pro71bird

Need for Speed
The 2016 schedule has been announced for OPTIMA's Search for the Ultimate Street Car. Registration will open before the end of the year. https://www.facebook.com/OUSCI/

Thunderhill Raceway February 27-28
Palm Beach International Raceway April 9-10
Las Vegas Motor Speedway April 23-24
New Jersey Motorsports Park May 21-22
Charlotte Motor Speedway July 30-31
Circuit of The Americas August 6-7
Road America August 27-28
New Orleans Motorsports Park September 17-18
Auto Club Speedway October 8-9
Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational November 4-6

Last edited:
Are you the one with the Red Lightning running in the Optima events?

If so, I wanted to know what suspension you are using on your Lightning not only to get that ride height but it handles amazing for a truck?

In the process of buying a 2004 Lightning and going to set it up to be able to 'do it all' if I want to track it, cruise it, drag race it, or show it and not exactly lots of suspension options for it

Are you the one with the Red Lightning running in the Optima events?

If so, I wanted to know what suspension you are using on your Lightning not only to get that ride height but it handles amazing for a truck?

In the process of buying a 2004 Lightning and going to set it up to be able to 'do it all' if I want to track it, cruise it, drag race it, or show it and not exactly lots of suspension options for it
Yes, that is my truck at the Optima events. My suspension consists of a Ground Force 2/3 drop kit, Hotchkis sway bars, Lakewood traction bars, QA-1 adjustable shocks and NAPA camber bolt kit. Camber adjustment and weight distribution tricks help but it comes down to practice, practice and more practice.

Back