2015 DelValLO Winter Bash / 2014 Awards!!! - Preliminary Info

harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Hey guys,

I've been talking with Jamie and Dave, who have been talking to the other guys that run the club just to make sure I wasn't stepping on any toes, but I was given the thumbs up to coordinate a winter bash and trophies since there wasn't any in the plans yet.

The 2014 trophies are going to be BADAZZ! I'll post a sneak preview once I get a few parts back from the powdercoaters. You've all seen my powdercoated engine block coffee table and powdercoated crank shaft table lamps. Well the 2014 racing trophies are going to be powdercoated lightning engine parts mounted up, they're going to be pretty badazz!

I was hoping to get this rolling for late January like we usually have it, but the powdercoater is too backed up to get everything done in time. He's going to get me a set of parts back in a couple weeks so I can get a template going to build the parts of the trophies I need to (wooden bases, etc.), then he's shooting to finish the rest of the parts early Feb then all I need to do is assemble. So I'm targeting a late Feb winter bash just to give everyone a heads up. Valentines day is the 14th, so tentatively shooting for the 21st or 28th of Feb. I need to confirm the location and if either date works before we make it official, but just to give guys an early heads up. It's later than usual, but still in the heart of boring cold frigid winter around here so it's still a nice break to get together before spring arrives. Let me know if people have any preference.

Oh and it's likely going to be a little further north this year, we've got a pretty big group on the E/T list from north jersey and new York, so only fair to move it a bit towards the middle of the state for a change and hopefully we'll get a bigger turnout making it a little more centrally located. :tu

Stay tuned! :thumbup:

Between the Daytona 500 and multiple volleyball tournaments this Winter, my weekends are scarce. But I am happy to see something nice being done. Time to rekindle the local fire for these trucks. If I can make it, I will be there.

Jim

Sounds great Josh. Looking forward to it. Let's have it at the Tilted Kilt in Hamilton...:tu:

Never been there, but location wise that would be pretty good. Do they have an area we could reserve for a GTG? Hammer aren't you in Hamilton? Any chance you could swing by to see if that could be an option?

I was thinking Quaker Steak & Lube in brick. It's an automotive/racing themed restaurant, good food, fair prices, beer, and a big party room we can reserve. I was going to try and stop by this weekend to see what their calendar looks like for booking.

Didn't want you guys to think I dropped the ball! Got all the donated engine parts disassembled over the Christmas break, washed them all in the dishwasher while my wife was at work (LOL!), and got them to the powdercoater to start getting them done!

Between the Daytona 500 and multiple volleyball tournaments this Winter, my weekends are scarce. But I am happy to see something nice being done. Time to rekindle the local fire for these trucks. If I can make it, I will be there.

Jim

Is the Daytona 500 on Feb 22nd? If we have the GTG at QS&L I'd actually prefer not to have it on the same day as that, not because I care about nascar, but because a lot of people will probably be there to watch the race and I'd rather try to shoot for a date when they won't be packed.

Glad you are setting up the Bash Josh. Me, Howard, & Wayne will make the Gig where ever you decide to have it. Keep us all posted on time & place.

It's nice to see you guy still doing something to support the club.
Congrats to all the guys that ran new personal bests this year.

Back