2014 Challenger 5.7 hemi R/T and a 1967 Formula Firebird 400

shaunditty

Shaunditty
So I went to the track tonight. I got paired up with a 2014 Challenger 5.7L R/T automatic. I always get paired up by a Hellcat or scat pack and get smoked so I had no idea what was about to happen. I ran a 13.6@98 and he ran a 14.5@97. It felt good to see him several car lengths back! The next race was a buddy of mine. He had a 67’ Formula 400 with some work sitting on drag radials and skinny’s up front. He freakin RED lighted and got out on me by a whole car and ended up in staying out front but.... I ran a 13.51@100 and he ran 13.55@101. So overall pretty fun night and even better to beat a dodge.
732029f923da1230d5638662f13511f4.jpg

Way to go, Shaun! You've been steadily chipping away at it!

I hate to be "that guy," but there's a half second for your combo in a torque converter... :D

Way to go, Shaun! You've been steadily chipping away at it!

I hate to be "that guy," but there's a half second for your combo in a torque converter... :D
A converter is on my list. Probably going with this one. https://www.circledspecialties.com/4r100-hp-series-11inch
I don’t want too big of a stall but I do want sub 2.0 60ft times and I wonder if it will help between the 2nd and 3rd shift where it seems to let RPMS drop down too far in between shifts.

Sadly it won't without tuning. The converter locks a fraction of a second after the shift completes. So, it kind of feels like two gear steps with a looser than stock converter.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

A converter is on my list. Probably going with this one. https://www.circledspecialties.com/4r100-hp-series-11inch
I don’t want too big of a stall but I do want sub 2.0 60ft times and I wonder if it will help between the 2nd and 3rd shift where it seems to let RPMS drop down too far in between shifts.

I have this converter and love it with Paul’s valve body. Can drive like stoke but dramatically changed the truck! It’s nite and day difference. 2 to3 shifts will chirp the tires pretty good on a pretty much stock truck for now. If racing I would do what Jamie says and go alittle higher stall. But Chris at circled has great customer service.

Do I have to tune the truck to make it work? I don’t want to tune anything yet. That’s a investment for another time.

You'll get the improved launch without any kind of tuning. For what you're looking for in terms of the 2-3 shift, you'll need a tune. Or just install a toggle switch for the torque converter lockup signal.

I drive my truck up to a hour at a time sometimes more and don’t know what I should get. I may contact circle D and get their opinion based on my trucks current setup. 2400 always seemed like it wasn’t enough for other vehicles I’ve had in the past but they were all chevys with Th350 trans

2400 always seemed like it wasn’t enough for other vehicles I’ve had in the past but they were all chevys with Th350 trans

If you still want it to have good street manners, I would go 2800 stall. I went with a custom cam from Curtis and it requires 2800 stall to get the most out of the cam. Of course, if it's rough for the street I do have the option of setting 3 different switch on the fly tunes with my Quick 4.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back