Sold: 2012 Jeep Wrangler

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilwell1415

After 5 awesome years of owning our Jeep, we have decided it's time to move on to something else. If you are interested, let me know.

It's a 2012 Wrangler Sport S with 6 speed manual transmission. Factory options include 3.73 gears, limited slip rear axle, power windows and locks, premium sound system and tinted windows. It currently has 91k miles on it and the most extreme offroading it has done is drive 1/4 mile through the pasture from my gate to my pond. This has been my wife's daily driver since we got it. It stays in the garage at home and in her parking garage at work.

Aftermarket parts that we added are ProComp wheels with Goodyear Duratrac 285/70/17 tires (spare matches), front and rear bumpers, side steps, KC fog lights, Rugged Ridge mesh grill insert, Mopar performance door sill plates, fuel door, and floor mats. It also has an AEV ProCal to adjust the speedometer for the larger tires. We installed a Mopar factory hitch receiver and wiring and added the cabin air filters that come on the Sahara. All of this cost about $5,000 and was installed the day after we bought it. Amazingly, the tires still have about half of their tread left. We still have all of the original parts and they are included with the sale. Yes, you have to take them. The ProComp wheels do have some water spots that we will try to buff out before the sale.

I have done the maintenance on this Jeep from day one. Those that know me know that this means it has been well taken care of. At 5,000 miles we put Amsoil engine oil in and it has been serviced with Amsoil and a Mopar filter every 5,000 miles since. At 10,000 miles, the transmission, transfer case and axles were serviced with the appropriate Amsoil fluid and all were changed again at 50,000 miles. The original battery was replaced with a DieHard two years ago and the spark plugs were replaced at 75,000 miles. I also replaced the rear brakes, but don't remember when or at what mileage. If that's a big deal, I can look it up in the mx records we have kept.

If you do your research you will find that the 2012 Wrangler had a cylinder head problem. We had this corrected under warranty in 2012 at 18,000 miles and have had no more issues with it. We also had some work done on the top under warranty.

If I didn't tell you there were 91,000 miles on this Jeep, you would never guess it. You won't find a nicer or better maintained Wrangler.

Asking price is $23,500 as it sits or $22,000 if I put the original wheels, bumpers and fog lights on and keep the aftermarket stuff.

303109_10150283151102334_4868248_n.jpg

Nice jeep. Glad you sold it so quickly.

I have a JKU for sale at a local consignment dealer now. As quickly as you sold yours, maybe I should put a link on here!

We actually ended up trading it in. I had it advertised in several places and didn't get a single call on it from anyone but dealers that wanted to give me $10k for it and brokers that wanted to charge me to tell me how to sell it. Got screwed on the trade, but not as badly as the ones that called wanted to.

Oh, bummer!

The JKU I'm selling is the wife's 2014. She finally tired of the characteristic Jeep ride. There's a consignment place here in town I've sold cars with before, so instead of trading it in I decided to take the risk of going ahead and buying her replacement car and put the Jeep up for sale through consignment.

Once the consignment place told me what they thought I could realistically sell it for, it was an easy decision even if I end up having to come down a bit from my desired sell price. Will be a first for me to be able to get out of a car more than the lien payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back