Sold: 2004 Silver Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmarco

Selling my Silver 2004 Lightning, #3055 of 3781 (SVT certificate, original window stickers and paperwork included), so one of the last to be built. I am the second owner, bought the truck from an NLOC board member with 6,400 miles on it back in June, 2007. It now has about 50,000 miles. All recalls performed (docs included). Six of the last seven years in CA (now in AZ), so fully CARB smog compliant (smog test results included). No mods to the long block, wanted to be able to return it to stock at any time so all mods are “bolt ons” and the sale will include the stock parts. If I cannot get a decent price for it, I will return it to stock and sell the performance parts separately. Would hate to do that as the truck is a very nice driver. The truck has always been garaged, never raced by myself or the previous owner (both “mature” adults, ie, “old”, ha !). Never seen snow, maybe rain a few times while on vacation. Mint interior. Always maintained meticulously, always Mobil 1/Motorcraft filter every 4k miles. Trans serviced by Ford at 40,300 miles; oil and filter previously changed at time of FRPP pan install. New battery installed 08/13. Have the original Ford factory service manual on CD as used by Ford service techs. The truck has about $10k worth of mods, not including any labor paid to install. They include:
Full Hotchkiss TVS suspension and Hotchkiss HPS 1000 shocks (installed at 27,300 miles), great stance !
Stock F1’s replaced at the same time, still in excellent shape with plenty of tread left (rotate every 5k)
Jet coated shortie headers / Magnaflow catback
Boyd Coddington Junk Yard Dog polished alloys (18 x 9 – great looking, about 3lbs/wheel less than stock)
Ford Racing cast aluminum deep sump trans pan
FT valve body (nice, crisp shifts)
Accufab single blade throttle body
C & L intake plenum, C & L intake tube
LFP cold air intake kit
LFP 4lb pulley, quick change hub
SCT XCAL2 Tuner, tuning by JJ Woodbine
Dual pillar pod, painted to match with:
AEM Wideband and Autometer Phantom boost/vac gauge
AMW billet oil catch can with custom bracket
Caltracs Traction bars
BedRug bed liner
Body is in excellent condition, NO door dings or scratches, a few small rock chips.
Factory tonneau appears new; always coated with 303 protectant
The only significant damage is the “chin rash” common to lowered trucks; have not repaired this as it is easy to repeat, not noticeable except from a distance. Repair negotiable. Hate to sell it but have downsized from 2 houses to one, have too many projects, need the garage space. $20k OBO.
IMG_0447.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0798.jpgIMG_0799.jpgIMG_0796.jpg

Sorry, spent the weekend in CA, the truck is at my house in AZ. Headed back this am, will take send pics this afternoon. Thanks for your interest.

I have followed many of your responses/threads. IIRC, your G1 has an impressive number of miles ! I also have a G1 but only with about 120k. Never thought I would ever sell either of my trucks, but none of my vehicles is "practical". Had an SVT Focus but it recently got totaled. Need a vehicle with a useful back seat. Took about 60 pics, will send you a select number, ask if there's something else you'd like. Truck has never been in an accident, never smoked in, sides and back do not have a single ding or scratch. Some small chips and the chin rash on front, shown in pics. Thanks.

Sold mine on Sat. Good luck selling it man. I picked up a sweet 36k mi 03 in DSG. Going to NH to pick it up next week.

Happy you got exactly what you wanted, best of luck. I assume this was babied and never driven in winter, given the miles. That is good because NE winters can REALLY do vehicles in (born and raised in Boston). Have a very safe trip.

Happy you got exactly what you wanted, best of luck. I assume this was babied and never driven in winter, given the miles. That is good because NE winters can REALLY do vehicles in (born and raised in Boston). Have a very safe trip.

Thanks,
Yup do believe that was the case.
I Also know what NE winters can do I am a native of Vermont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back