Ad Expired: 2004 DSG Lightning For Sale - Raleigh NC Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Earp

2004 Ford Lightning for sale by the original owner. The car is build #826 out of 3781, Dark Shadow Grey, with the tow package and tonneau cover, 120,820 miles. Window sticker, SVT certificate, owner’s manual, and SVTOA keychain included.

There isn’t a whole lot to write about the truck. I bought it new on a Ford A-Plan in late 2004. Since then I have used it as my daily driver and for towing my SCCA race cars to the track. This Lightning has been a flawless performer and has never hand anything but preventative maintenance performed on it. I’ve adhered to Ford’s specified oil change intervals, installed a new battery every three years (third battery, new one earlier this year), changed the spark plugs, tranny fluid/filter, and rear end fluid as well as coolant at about 80k. I’ve never had a failure with the truck and no problems – this has been the most reliable vechicle I’ve ever owned.

The truck is not 100% stock, but it is very close to that and all stock parts are included with it. The following modifications have been made, all at about 75k miles:

*OBX headers and high flow cats. They work well, don’t leak, and have no rust. Uses the stock muffler with some nice 4” SS tips.

*6lb lower pulley and SCT tune from Lightning Performance. Runs around 11.5:1 A/F at WOT and full boost, no problems. I also have a 4lb pulley and belt that will go with the truck. Rear wheel Dynojet figures are around 415 rwhp/505 rwtq.

*SCT Predator handheld programmer with stock tune as well as the mild tune it is running.

*AeroForce gauge with wideband O2 in the exhaust gauge mounted in column pod. Great gauge that allows you to read many OBDII parameters.

*Oil separator / PVC system.

*Full size Lighting wheel spare.

*Seat covers were replaced at around 95k with new OEM covers, the originals were worn through on the driver’s side. An aftermarket seat heat was tastefully added at that time.

*Dynomat installed under the carpet around 75k, helped with noise for sure.

And that’s it. Everything else is stock and the truck is very stock appearing.

The truck is in great shape for its mileage and has never been in an accident, fender bender, bump, or anything of that nature. It does have some normal wear on it though and I’ll list what I know of here and I have tried to show the same in pictures:

*Lower right front chin spoiler has a scape when I touched a brick wall with it.
*Driver rear fender flair has a bike handle bar scrape on it.
*Underneath the driver’s mirror there is a small paint scratch where a window installer slipped with his glue knife replacing the windshield from a rock hit (at about 50k miles).
*Current windshield has a chip in it that is about 4 years old (second windshield), not spreading and I have not worried about it.
*Hood has a tiny ¼” wide dent that was repaired due to a rock, bolt, or something on the highway hitting it. The area is fixed and smooth but if you know what you’re looking for you can tell it.
*Front spoiler/valence has normal road wear
*Door handles have the coating flaking off, a common Lightning problem. I’m surprised that someone hasn’t made aftermarket replacements.

Paint is good all-around though and it cleans up well, very well in fact. Wax it, vacuum it, and it is a very show worthy truck although not concours quality, certainly a very nice street ride. The truck is wearing Hankook tires that still have about 10k of street use on them. There are no maintenance issues that I know of and the truck can be driven anywhere and at any time. Performance is stout, as you’d expect, and the truck consistently returns 12.6 MPG with in town driving and 16.8 MPG on the highway – I have always checked mileage since I’ve owned it and it, and the performance, is steady.

Oh, and why am I selling - well, my daughter goes to a magnet school in Raleigh and I have to carpool three times a week with three girls thus I had to buy a four door truck and can't keep this one around.

The truck is located in Cary NC, right beside Raleigh NC, and is available anytime. Asking price is $14,500. If you have questions please PM me here, or email rlearp@gt40s.com, and we can then exchange emails and phone numbers.

Lots of picture are located here:
Index of /images/Lightning

Thanks,
Ron

sidetruck.jpg

fronttruck.jpg

mileage.jpg

engine.jpg

backtruck.jpg

radio.jpg

door.jpg

paperwork.JPG