2001 Lightning

J

jeff H

I read on blue oval news that the 01 will only have 15 more hp. I have heard of dyno reports that said the 99 is underrated,so is the 15 more on the 01 just a rating correction?

I read that too. I think they said something about more exhaust noise. If that is the case, ford might have a new muffler or tube header ?? This is my idea anyway.

Hey do you guys know if they are going to make a reg bed Lightning not the styleside.
Marcus

Marcus,
I think the regular bed is the Styleside (Chevy calls it a Fleetside). The current Lightning is the Flareside (Chevy=Stepside). Am I right or just having a brain fart?

Kevin Lewis

Any news of a extended cab Lightning in the future? And a reg-box would be nice too. Personally I don't understand the logic of the "flareside", is it lighter than a std-box? No flames intended, but giving up about 6 bales of hay worth of hauling capacity for nothing in return other than possibly cosmetic features sounds like something women do. ;)

Seriously, if Ford would offer an ext-cab, std-box Lightning, they'd probably have another customer (me). Hello, FORD? Have you got any better ideas??

Johnny B

The Gen 1 Lightnings wore a styleside bed because it weighed several HUNDRED pounds less than the flareside. I don't know what the weight of the current beds are so I can't compare those.

I'd be very close to the front of the line if they offered a Gen 2 in extended cab. I sold an extended cab truck to buy my Gen 1, and man do I miss it sometimes!

Later!
Jeff S.

have you checked out the rouse racing f150 extended cabs. they are pretty fast and have a regular bed i believe..

I checked one of those out at a local dealer and it was pretty cool until I got to the 40Kplus sticker. That was before the obligatory additional dealer markup.

I've heard that the 2001 might also have a better flowing intercooler.

Back