2000 Lightning Questions

M

Matt Todd

Here are a few questions for you Lightning experts. I have recently (Jan 00) placed an order for a 2000 Lightning.
1. The dealership I ordered the truck from cannot give me specifics on build date, finish date, or arrival date. Does anyone have any idea when I can expect my truck if I ordered it Jan 2000?
2. What kind of stereo comes with the 2000? SVT, as well as all other publications I have seen say it has AM/FM Cassette, but if you look closely at the picture in the DEC 99 issue of Motor Trend, the 2000 Lightning has an in-dash CD player in it.
3. Does anybody have any information on tonneau covers? SVT told me that a tonneau was not available due to vendor difficulties.
4. What are some good lowering kits on the market? I have seen the gap on the new one and don't like it. I am considering a moderate 2" drop.
5. Does anybody have any experience with the Bassani exhaust systems? They have been recommended to me. I went to their web site and checked their products out but their were no pictures of the 1999-2000 Lightning products. Does it retain the true dual system, or does it run both pipes into one at the muffler like the 1993-1995 Lightning kits?

These are just a few questions to hold your expertise over! Thanks alot for any help, suggestions, and answers.

Matt

Matt:
1- If they are like the 99's,the first one's showed around March-April.
2- I saw the article with the cd, if they do come with it I will order one for my 99. I asked parts guy at ford, the only thing they have is the cd/tape combo. This is the only thing that he can get to run the cd changer,that has cd in dash.
3- I use the clap-on LeBra low-profile (it's in ups) No L's in my area had the tonneau, because of the same problems
4- I use the AIM 1.5/2inch drop shackle. This just lowered the rear, to make the truck flat
5- I have the full Bassani kit it is true duals all the way!! For pics look for the Jan.2000 of Trukin'.
Hope this help's
Kevin

Matt,
Don't take this for gospel but this is what i think is right, subject to correction.
1,The lightning are believed to have alreadt started production, when yours will get built will depend on your dealers allocation and how what number you are on your dealers allotment.
2,I believe the 2000 comes with an in dash cd player with a 6 disc changer behind the passenger seat like the 99.5's
3,So far the tonneau covers are on hold as far i know, and don't know if they will eventually ever be actually installing them. They had a problem with covers on the 99.5's also.
4, Roger on f150online has lift kits available, I talked to him on friday and he had pictures so you can see the results. He had a couple of choices as far as drop amounts.
5, I have the full bassani system on my L. I just installed it about 2 weeks ago and it is a very high quality system if that is what you are looking for. Yes it is a true dual system with an x pipe, two mufflers, and the exhaust still exits out the side like stock but, with larger highter quality syainless steel tips.

Back