2000 ford lightning

michael dingus

i have a2000 ford lightning with some minor mods done to it. i have done the 4# pulley bassani cats ,etc.after 12 dyno runs i am putting down h.p.to the ground with 480 for torque. does any body out have any recommendations for an upgraded cam for a ford lightning to squeeze a few more ponys out of it without going down below to do some work on the rods etc.or spend some major cake on heads.:eek:ldtu:
PHP:

i have a2000 ford lightning with some minor mods done to it. i have done the 4# pulley bassani cats ,etc.after 12 dyno runs i am putting down h.p.to the ground with 480 for torque. does any body out have any recommendations for an upgraded cam for a ford lightning to squeeze a few more ponys out of it without going down below to do some work on the rods etc.or spend some major cake on heads.:eek:ldtu:
PHP:

Michael, I have the same setup on my 2000 L. What was your HP? Your post was missing the number.
Thanks and I wish you a Happy New Year.

Upgrading cams on a gen2 is probably pointless unless you upgrade heads also. Throw a 6lb pulley on if you want more power. Don't know your tuner either but 12 pulls on a Dyno seems really excessive for minor mods.

Back