1st gen turbo ?'s

ctk420

my 1st gen v8 is in a '79 rx7 and i wanted to know what else i should do to my rx7 and whats the peak psi/horsepower i can get on my rx7

how much horsepower at the crank or wheels can a '95 1st gen lightning 351w v8 block handle? im thinking about twin turboing it or might go with single turbo and i need to know how much power i can make...

heres the list of current mods i got

walbro 255 fuel pump aluminum edelbrock performer rpm heads with 2.02/1.6 valves. it has screw in studs and guide plates with comp pro push rods. edelbrock rpm upper and lower intake with 24 lbs injectors and 77mm maf sensor, A9L Ecu. 75mm throttle body, trick flow 2001 cam, crane 1.6 roller rockers. keith craft racing adjustable timing chain and gears, high volume oil pump, SFI Harmonic Balancer and Flywheel. Centerforce Dual friction clutch, tremec t-5 transmission, Custom balanced driveshaft with driveshaft loop. custom Hydrolic wilwood clutch master and slave cylinder, spicer u-joints. MSD ignition and coil

Last edited:
You will need bigger injectors but there are some making 600 - 650 at the rear wheels through the E4OD on a stock bottom end.

I made 634rwhp and 706rwtrq on a single 76mm turbo. AFR 185 heads, Edelbrock EFI Spyder intake, Stock 184k shortblock,trans,and rearend.

You can make good power with the stock parts!!

I made 650 at the wheels with my single turbo. You will need bigger injectors, I have 60's in mine, and a bigger capacity fuel system.

thanks for replies... now can anyone tell me any exhaust manifolds that are good for 351w? i want around 650 rwhp and a good turbo... gimme links to things that i need please Lol... will be really helpful

also keep in mind that i need everything! so links/places i can buy things would be nice... ill ask for help from you guys when its time to build it all together....

Remember its also for a '79 rx7

Last edited:
Back