1998 Mustang GT 5spd vs Me!

shaunditty

Shaunditty
Im sitting at the light.. in front of me a yellow mustang GT with black convertible top blasts by and he’s on it too! Loud pipes. I pull up behind him down the road a ways. We’re in the far right lane of a kinda busy 3 lane highway. He’s in front reving.. obviously it’s a 5 spd. He’s got some meats under the back with some stickers in the back windshield. I’m thinkin 4.6L w/ a 5spd and some exhaust work at least. Light turns green and he’s jammin gears, then there’s a break to his left so he hammers it… I’m observing the situation notice that the far left lane is now clear. He moves to the middle lane and is on the gas! I move to the middle then the far left and pass him pretty easily. I proceeded to put a decent gap on him and then into the middle lane as my lane was about to be a turn left only.. which he took. So I pulled in behind him and was smiling ear to ear. He gave a wave at about the same time I did. My adrenaline was about to give me a heart attack as I knew my choice to go to the far left coulda backfired. As the lane went to a turn left only in about 1/2mile. My truck isn’t set to kill. It runs on 93 oct, stock timing, 8lbs boost right now. I have had several mustangs of the 4.6L line trying me lately. Both failed. 😂

Back