For Sale: 1994 Lighting in SC

Right, it won't be clean, it'll be rebuilt. The only reason this is a salvage is because of the age of the vehicle. The insurance company doesn't care what it is. They look it up, it'll take $XX to get the bumper mounts straightened and a new bumper and valance painted and installed, and that's more than the .75*$YY the book says it's worth.

I'll handle most of it myself, get the safety inspection done, and they'll change the title from Salvage to Rebuilt.

I'll post a few pictures shortly. It's literally that the bumper mounts are a little tweaked, and it needs a new bumper and valance. Otherwise it's a straight, completely rust-free truck with a clean tube bumper and pristine seats. From what Trai told me, it sounds like it needs valve seals and I'll have to address the exhaust (already ordered the cat section for the Bassani exhaust I have for when my '95 is naturally aspirated).

I need to do a center seat for it as well eventually, but I'll find an option that I can make work.

I have my center jump seat that I dyed black you can have. I have no use for it anymore.

A couple of the bottom.
0b41c0bcb2259269db5c8054b50331d3.jpg
a10fb8f93d0fc8729c3341aff605c242.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Got her home. Definitely needs some TLC, but everything is fixable with time.

Remarkably free of rust except for the stock headers (I didn't know these would rust!) and there's one spot in the bed under the spray-in liner that's soft. Thankfully I still have the bed bottom from my '95 laying around. A lot of plastic in the interior is going to have to be replaced because it's been handled roughly at some point in its life.

The only immediate must-fix is that it smokes bad and the CEL isn't working, so I don't know what I'm facing there. I feel sorry for anyone who was behind me for long on the drive home! Hopefully it's the valve seals. Compression is great and the plugs are clean and consistent, and while I know that doesn't mean the oil rings aren't wiped out, I think that's unlikely if the compression rings are strong.

What's funny to me is the number of stock items (like the spare tire and carrier) that I've lugged around for decades that I now have a use for. :)

Truck did sell and I forgot to update the ad. Thanks to the buyer.Everything when smooth for me and I feel like him as well. Can't wait to see what he does with the truck. O and this is not the last you've seen from me. May be a 2nd gen next time but I will definitely be back in a lightning.

Back