1994 Indy Lightning article

motorhead1024

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Especially for you '94 white Lightning owners, but for any & all who may have missed the 2009 SVT Enthusiast article.

Last edited:
Hey, I resemble that remark with a '94 Lightning in white. Trouble is hers (it's the wife's truck) is the wrong length. It's too long......

4506326538_2eff92ff9f_b.jpg

Saw that article and read through it. Some neat info in it.

Scott

I was the author of the article for SVTOA and can be contacted with questions about the trucks. Original notes from my discussions with Ford SVT officials were utilized in the published statements.

In April (2021) I was contacted by a gentleman trying to confirm if the truck he was looking at was one of those trucks. After a few pictures and basic information supplied I felt confident enough to say within reason it was one of the trucks. Although it was not completely restored and had a number of the decals removed, it did appear to be a possible truck.

During this time of pandemic work Ford Motor Company is not able to verify the production dates for the manufacture of the trucks. Without the paper trail that only they can provide it will be questionable what price it may be worth.

Be aware that I have seen a clone in 2008 at the SVTOA event in Carlisle so someone has produced an example. If anyone want to have me consult them on authenticity I'm available for discussions.

Curious if mine was a potential candidate for a pace truck

I was wondering seeing that mine was produced on May 16 1994 if it could’ve been 1 or 2 away of becoming a true pace truck.
I was the author of the article for SVTOA and can be contacted with questions about the trucks. Original notes from my discussions with Ford SVT officials were utilized in the published statements.

In April (2021) I was contacted by a gentleman trying to confirm if the truck he was looking at was one of those trucks. After a few pictures and basic information supplied I felt confident enough to say within reason it was one of the trucks. Although it was not completely restored and had a number of the decals removed, it did appear to be a possible truck.

During this time of pandemic work Ford Motor Company is not able to verify the production dates for the manufacture of the trucks. Without the paper trail that only they can provide it will be questionable what price it may be worth.

Be aware that I have seen a clone in 2008 at the SVTOA event in Carlisle so someone has produced an example. If anyone want to have me consult them on authenticity I'm available for discussions.

Back