For Sale: 1981 Ford Durango

I've decided not to build this super rare car/truck and just sell it. This is #74 of 212 or less built. Ford Contracted Coach Works to convert Ford Fairmont Futura's into a Ranchero looking vehicle. Kinda cool and very different Foxbody.
Been in my family from 1995 and was purchased from Orig owner by my Dad. 90K orig miles, Orig paint, never hit CA. car. $3995 or trade for? PM me with your # if interested and I'll get you pictures and more details.
Walt

Last edited:
This car, right here kinda gives me goose-bumps.

It's an '80s era Fairmont with an '80s era LTD front clip. It looks fantastic from my perspective.

I can't imagine that with a little patience an '81 Durango couldn't be converted to match. And even better ... it's pickup truck.

futura-ltd.jpg

p145731_large+1980_Ford_Fairmont+Rear_Passenger_Side.jpg

... and a 302 in that little car would be just fine with me.

That is an awesome looking Fairmont. The 83-86 LTD front clips bolt right on and look way better IMO. I just have too many projects and my Dad would rather this car be sold than have me hot rod it. It was his so I'm going to respect his wishes. I don't care what the next guy does with it. The nice thing about these cars is everything Fox body Mustang bolts right in (except sub frame connectors, Fairmont's wheel base is 3" longer)

Back