Search results

1. J

pulley swap/chip install gone bad

It was from an 03. I removed it and the pulley. I will reinstall the pulley later when I get a tuner. How mush will a good dyno shop charge to tune it? Is it better to get your own tuner?
  2. J

please help! lower pulley swap

Makes sense...Thanks Mitch
  3. J

Thanks for the replies fellas. I couldn't find aanyone in town who could tune it so I pulled it all off and now it runs fine. I will probably invest in a tuner from jlp when I get the $. Thank god I didn't F up the ECM.
  4. J

Hey guys. I thought I hit the lottery because my buddy gave me all of the parts he took off of his lightning. The parts have sat for a few years but he gave me a 6lb pulley and a chip tuned for it. I installed the pulley and the truck still ran. I installed the chip and now it wont idle. It...
  5. J

please help! lower pulley swap

I removed the stock pulley and oil came out where it threads into the crank pulley. The new pulley doesn't have anything to fill that hole. What do I do? Thanks for any help.
  6. J

Unique Body Parts 2004

I thought the hoods were different too because they are aliminum. Or do the standard f150s have them too?
  7. J

Engine ticking

Does the ticking stop when you turn the A/C off? It may sound silly but mine ticks like crazy because my a/c clutch is bad. Drives me nuts.
  8. J

Ebay rotors?

Thanks guys, I definetly dont have the cash to do this twice so I guess I will go with some standard rotors and ceramic pads. My local parts house sells Raybestos, $130 for pads and rotors.
  9. J

2013 5.0 mustang

Watch out for new 5.0s on the highway. Good top end. Game over for my 01.
  10. J

Ebay rotors?

Hey guys, time for new brakes and rotors are shot. I have looked around and found that there are cross drilled and slotted rotors on ebay for $200 with ceramic pads. Does anyone have any experience with these cheapo ebay dealers or should I go with motorcraft?
  11. J

Drivers Seat Cover

Late Model Restoration has complete sets, original or black. They look exact but they are around $700
  12. J

Nasty intake pics stock and after L&S separator.

Wow, those plugs were nasty. Mine were just as bad except for the plug that had a faulty coil. It looked like a chunk of coal on the tip. What breather set up are you going to use? I still have a stock setup and would like to change.
  13. J

2nd Totaled Lightning

P.S. Holy crap that was a nasty wreck. Hope you weren't injured.
  14. J

2nd Totaled Lightning

I always hate to see another lightning totaled but I am glad you are still around to buy another! Hope you got a real nice insurance check! Third times a charm right?
  15. J

I Hate Losing!

Don't take offense but what was the sticker price on that new piece of crap? It probably gets the same fuel mileage as your 16yr old truck does.
  16. J

New 5.0 on the highway

I was on the highway with my wife and dog in the truck when a new 5.0 mustang came up and wanted to race. We were already doing 85 when he showed up. I knew he wanted to race because he was taunting me for a mile or so. It is always hard to race with your wife in the truck and a puppy...
  17. J

Stiegemeier tricked out lightning

Also, what are the ports on the snout? Supplying oil to the bearings right? Are they plumbed into the eng. oil supply?
  18. J

Stiegemeier tricked out lightning

Looks awesome. How much is it gonna cost?
  19. J

powdercoating rims

Thanks guys! I had no idea that you could have rims widened. I will shop around town and find out who is the best PC shop. There aren't many performance shops in Fort Myers FL (mostly just golf courses and old folks) so I will have to do some looking.
  20. J

First Lightning is having WOT stumble

My 01 had a similar problem with stumbling at WOT. You can get a set of accell coils and ngk plugs for $240 so if you can do it yourself it will worth the effort. The job is pretty straight forward. The only difficult part is the #6 and #8 on the driver side. After I changed the plugs and...