Search results

1. Van

Van

2. C

Is there anybody out there?

I didn't know that something happened to it (other than the ladder falling on it). Was that after you moved? Two of my friends bought new GT350's last year. One is putting in a cage so he can road course it, and the other is a 60 year old lady who's using hers as a year round daily driver.
  3. C

Is there anybody out there?

Hey Lightning Bob! I think today is the first time I've been back on here in months. How's the rest of the collection? Any new toys?
  4. C

American Racing Baja's For Local Sale

Hey Lightning Bob! Great to hear from you! I'm doing well. Maybe we'll see you this summer?
  5. C

American Racing Baja's For Local Sale

Not sure if anyone comes in here anymore, but…. I was going to put my old American Racing Baja’s in the classified section and on ebay, then I saw that the shipping costs would be ridiculous! Thought I’d see if there was any local interest. I’m willing to meet you at a reasonable distance from...
  6. C

Help! Chicago Emissions Testing

Drive cycles... http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html
  7. C

Your tuner will send you an emissions tune for free. He will just need to know what's on the truck and the number off the ecm. I don't think my truck would have run on the stock tune because of the bigger MAF etc. If you can swing it, buy a code reader with readiness monitor capabilities...
  8. C

Anyone Wanna Buy Jay Leno's 2000 Harley Truck?

Here's the direct link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOgfJbcdiMI
  9. C

At 4:40 in the video the Ford guy says they made it special for Jay.
  10. C

"While Jay Leno won’t sell you anything from his vast vehicle collection, he does give away a few for charities like the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. This time, he’s letting the first-ever Ford F-150 Harley Davidson go under the hammer."...
  11. C

Bad start to the Engine install

A friend was shaking a can of spray paint while in his basement. (not sure if he intended to spray inside the house) The can slipped out of his hand and hit a sharp hard object. This poked a hole in the can, which caused it to spin around the basement spraying paint. The spinning can flew past...
  12. C

Thrilled to hear that worked out for you! Gives you at least two years to see what they come up with next. Hopefully they never send you anything again. Can you set up the PO Box to forward your mail to your real address? The EPA employees don't seem to be the brightest. When I brought my...
  13. C

You should be fine! Here's two pictures from the $100 scanner I bought. The before is from the tune with most of the monitors shut off, and the after is with the emissions tune. The red color showed that they hadn't been run yet.
  14. C

I forget if you have cats on yours or not. Check to see if the readiness monitors are turned on. If not, Bob will send you an emissions tune. Because yours is a 1999 you'll be allowed two "not readies". I'm wondering if you have all four O2's and no cats, can you get down to two "not readies"...
  15. C

@ Octane; My tuners name is in my signature. He moved his shop out of state, but still comes here a few times a year to do dyno tunes. A dyno tune is the safest way to go, but I don't think there are many Ford guys around here anymore. I'm sure he can sell you a tuner loaded with a couple tunes...
  16. C

@ droppedf100; I just have an old SCT Xcal. Tuning adjustments are a mystery to me so I let my tuner handle that. I just loaded what he sent me. @ sstock; Sounds like he has both O2s, but they are shut off? The readiness tests seem to run in a certain order and it also seemed like they wouldn't...
  17. C

Lucky for you I just finished going through all this BS myself! And by my screen name you can see I’m from Chicago. Here’s the deal… The tune that’s in your truck has the “readiness monitors/sensors” turned off. I have had the same tune in my truck since 2006 and it always passed before with...
  18. C

P0457 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected

Allrighty! Ran the drive cycle this morning and it passed. One more (CAT) to go. I hope that one runs with no issues since I have highflow cats on the truck. I think I'm allowed one "not ready" monitor for the emissions test, but that seems like a big one to allow. Can't wait to get this mularky...
  19. C

P0457 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected

I guess this could count as a large evap leak, huh? I was ready to give up and take her in for a smoke test. Then I noticed that one of the hoses (above the charcoal canister bracket) had a rattle when I shook it. Pulled the bracket assembly down and found this. I'm going to take her out tonight...