Search results

1. B

High Mount/3rd Brake Light … Any Recommendations?

As the title says … Does anyone have any input on items currently available? Anything OEM(ish), using traditional incandescent bulbs appears completely non-existent. The LED unit I installed about 11 years ago has crapped out even though I’ve driven the truck about only 1500 miles during that...
  2. B

Anyone With Experience With DTC 624?

A local Gen 1 owner contacted me for advice re: hard shifts and DTC 624. I know about the possible PCM and EPC failures and Pinpoint Test E, but if anyone has experience that turned out to be a simple fix, I’d appreciate to hear about it.
  3. B

Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

Heads up guys ... https://www.thedrive.com/news/33572/harbor-freight-recalls-jack-stands-that-could-suddenly-collapse ... Sorry for the double post.
  4. B

WTF ... Is With All Of This Spam?,

Are you guys seeing this mess all of the sudden? And they all seem to be TX firms.
  5. B

Free: A.R.E. Hard Tonneau Cover ... You Want It, It’s Yours

If one of you guys wants this or knows someone who wants it, come and get it. I’m sick of having to hassle with it in my garage. Here are a couple of photos and a link to an old expired ad I posted some years ago providing some specifics. Again, if you want this thing, all you have to do...
  6. B

Amsoil Severe Gear Synthetic 75W-140 (?)

Do I/we have any use for this stuff in a completely stock 8.8? I brain-farted and bought 2 quarts by mistake ... wanting the 75W-90 ... and with the shipping I paid to get it to me and now the shipping to return it, I’m thinking I might as well just keep it. But, I’ve got no vehicles that...
  7. B

Identifying/Diagnosing Failed ECU Component(s)?

I'm trying to assist and fellow Nissan owner in tracking down an automotive system affected by a failed component with his ECU. Here's the fried component circled in red ... And here's a closer look ... Do any of you guys know of a service available or of a technique that would allow for...
  8. B

Proper Battery Maintenance ... ?

As some might know, my truck sits in the garage ... ... a lot. Sometimes it doesn’t get driven for multiple months and sometimes it doesn’t even get started up for several. That being the case, and that having been the case for a while, I’ve lost a few batteries over the years to sulfation...
  9. B

So Who's Still Here?

We used to get a good number of Tampa Bay area owners together somewhat frequently for various gatherings and shows. Many of us have either gotten lazy, lost interest or have just moved on. Who's left? I know Fred (motorhead1024) is back in the area and he and I are hoping to attend a local...
  10. B

Starter Issues With My Nissan ...

I'm obsessing over recent starter losses in my 1999 Nissan Maxima and their frequency (three starter replacements in three months) and I'm now second guessing whether my recurrent issue is actually the starters at all. I mean three brand new (aftermarket) and/or newly remanufactured...
  11. B

Speaking Of Photobucket ...

I logged in to my Photobucket account this morning to download a photo or two and a "Change In Service" pop up popped up. One of the changes to happen in early 2019 is this: You don't 'spose this is meaning that free account holders will again be able to link and share stored photos do you?
  12. B

Are There Any Land Rover Aficionados In the House?

I've got a co-worker at the office who owns a 1967 Series IIA Land Rover ... he's owned it since he was in high school ... about 30 years now. Recently his 2.25 Liter gasoline engine let loose and requires either replacement or rebuild. Do any of you guys have any knowledge and/or expertise...
  13. B

Single Action Coil Spring Compressor?

Anyone have experience with one of these? Good ... Bad ... stupid of even considering it? I've got 4 struts to replace removing 4 lowering springs and I am not a fan of the two piece tools but haven't used one of these. The springs to be messed with are not truck or SUV springs ... they're on...
  14. B

Rear Brakes | Haven’t Been This Irritated In A While

So, what am I missing? Is there some lock-down, fail-safe, GD thermonuclear “go” code needed just to get a GD rear drum off?! I have a driver’s side rear wheel cylinder failure ... and all I wanna do is change it out. However, my drum is stuck. I’ve gotten to the point where I can no...
  15. B

AC Experts ... Refrigerant Oil Question

I've lost all of the refrigerant from the system in my Nissan resulting in a non-operational compressor. I'm pretty certain that the leak is the low-side service valve in the low-side hose. Although all of the refrigerant has been lost, there is no evidence of the discharge of any PAG. That...
  16. B

Hey Tech-Heads ... Opinions Wanted

My ipad mini (1st generation) took a dump and has become totally unusable. I've got an opportunity to buy, for a darn good price, a replacement (ipad mini 1st generation) that's supposedly never been used, never been opened, BNIB. If this is truly the case (BNIB), is a possibly 6 year old...
  17. B

Wow ... We're Dissed By FordParts.com

https://parts.ford.com/en.html Maybe I haven't, over the years, actually purchased on ton of stuff through this Ford sponsored and maintained parts resource, but I sure have used and have very much appreciated the information that's been housed there as far as P/Ns, part names and exploded-view...
  18. B

Is It OK To Start A Social/Political/What-We-Think-Is-Right Discussion?

I can't fathom that I'm alone in thinking we all have strong and varying opinions and perspectives on the many and varied political and social issues facing all of us in these f***ing crazy and unprecedented times. As long as none you guys and gals don't have a problem, I'd really like start a...
  19. B

Soo ... Wait ... We Don't Share X-Mas Gifts Anymore?

From what I recall, we all "used" to share with each other, what we got for Christmas. I'll start ... Although, I got a good volume of spendy gifts, and I do already have a full set FSM, I think this is my fave: It's a little rare, and it's a car thing I got from my best girl. I'll use it...
  20. B

Photobucket Fix ...

If you're running Google Chrome: Click on the three dots on the right side of the screen; A drop down should appear; Hover over "More Tools"; When the next drop down appears, click on "Extensions"; Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get More Extensions"; In the search box, type...