Things are starting to come together

Picked this little SSR up. Pretty good deal at $74.00 from Amazon. It is 40A, nice and small and has a well made wiring pigtail. Really like it vs some of the other SSR's out there including OEMs. This is for Line lock and trans brake (one can dream).

20220303_000813911_iOS.jpg

Come on down to Florida, this place is so flat you can watch your dog run away for 3 days
Have my own version of Funny Farm going on. "That dog sure likes to run..."

That was one really nice thing about living where I did in Indiana, lots of flat, smooth, straight roads - plenty of spots to make grown men crap themselves in the big block truck, which I couldn't imagine anywhere to unleash around here. Got pulled over by a cop one night tuning a buddy's truck. Cop chatted about the truck for a minute, told us, "watch out for deer" and off we went.

Played with the truck some today. After overfilling it with fuel (need to calibrate the RacePak) I drained some and took the truck out once it was dark. Had fun on the access road until it decided to swing the rear around on the 2-3 shift. That was a pucker moment at ~ 80 MPH... Of course no video so did it really happen?

I've also developed a light throttle surge after changing the plugs, only other thing I did was take off the little K&N filter I had and put in a "Blower Guard" metal screen. https://turbo-guard.com/products/blower-guard

Lastly I am only making ~9.6 lbs of boost at 6200 RPM. I have the belt super tight, I used the old trick of having both idler pulley bolts almost tightened down all the way and then used a wooden block on the pulley slider and whacked it with a hammer until the belt was tight. I don't think the belt is slipping as boost does go up with RPM so it sounds like time for the 3.0" pulley :)

Data log pic, little bump in A/F is where it just touched the rev limiter. Def need to get it on a dyno as it is fat and I have super conservative timing in it.Street Pull.JPG

Last edited:
Played with the truck some today. After overfilling it with fuel (need to calibrate the RacePak) I drained some and took the truck out once it was dark. Had fun on the access road until it decided to swing the rear around on the 2-3 shift. That was a pucker moment at ~ 80 MPH... Of course no video so did it really happen?

Just a friendly reminder of how that "swing around" can end up...

1031201812_HDR.jpg

My brother has a 70 mach 1 four speed Cleveland car with a ton of work done to the engine but nothing to the chassis. Back in the 80s I wound that thing up ripped second gear and in a heartbeat it spun around in 180 degrees and was headed the other way! Point is, it happens in a blink of an eye!!

I'm pretty sure I'm getting a dragy for my birthday Friday. LOL
Our local track is only open 8 times this year and my helmet is expired and don’t feel like buying another so I think I may get a dragy too! I haven’t made any changes to my truck in a bit performance wise and my truck ran the same time like clockwork so I know my current time. I am considering a intercooler and turning up the boost a smidgeon. I don’t know though?

Our local track is only open 8 times this year and my helmet is expired and don’t feel like buying another so I think I may get a dragy too! I haven’t made any changes to my truck in a bit performance wise and my truck ran the same time like clockwork so I know my current time. I am considering a intercooler and turning up the boost a smidgeon. I don’t know though?

Sadly many tracks have closed in the last 2 years. It shows how many were hanging on by a thin margin. The street outlaws will be at Palm Beach International Raceway (formerly Moroso) in April and then it will close for good at the end of April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaun's local track is Indianapolis Raceway Park... I used to go there almost every Tuesday April through October, a lot of Thursdays, and Fridays when they had street car nights. So them only being open 8 times is... 🥺

Back