Recent content by XLTbeater

1. X

My Mom's 1986 Ford Crown Victoria

Those were the studs on the top of the manifolds. I didn't get pics of the bottom studs. Those were nastier. 14 of those studs came out; just took a little time with the air ratchet. The other stud with the rounded-nut had to be removed with my electric impact. I was able to get a 1/2"...
  2. X

The Grand Marquis exhaust project is dead in the water. I got 15 of the 16 studs and nuts loosened. One of the rounded nuts reamed itself out when I used the rounded-nut remover socket on it. At this point, I will have to get a nut welded onto the end of that stud and remove the stud itself. I...
  3. X

I know this is not the Crown Vic; but it is kind of the same thing; just a bit younger. Today I managed to remove 9 of the 16 exhaust manifold studs (actually 4 of the nuts backed off) on my '05 Grand Marquis; and loosened another 2 underneath the passenger side exhaust manifold. I will move...
  4. X

Transmission cooler lines

The Crown Vic will not be seeing winter driving again whilst in my possession. I will cover the trans cooler with a sheet of plastic or a heavy plastic bag in the winter, just to see what effect it will have. Otherwise, it will be a fair weather cruiser.
  5. X

Unfortunately, I can't find any pictures of that; as that was 2 iPhones ago. I do have pics of the lessons learned from that experience. These are of the trans cooling lines for the Crown Vic; as that had no stock offerings for such things in '86. I ended cutting the hot line back and...
  6. X

Love this Truck

My Dad's '53 F-250 only had the behind-the-seat gas tank. He ended up removing it and installing an aftermarket tank underneath the cab on the driver side. His '73 F-350 (replaced the '53 when the flathead cracked the block) had the dual tanks; which he removed and plugged the front tank that...
  7. X

Those pics Steve83 posted look eerily familiar. I "tweaked" my lines in my '91 Ranger when I was replacing the water pump (which turned into a electric fan upgrade as well). Since I was already in a pinch (weekend repair); I cut the fitting off the OE trans line and flared 3/8" aluminum line...
  8. X

I'm just trying to get it like you guys got it. If I had a fraction of the skills that I have seen on this forum; this car would have been completed long ago.
  9. X

1993 Tube bumper question

If it's pressed into the bumper; perhaps a ball joint press might do the trick. You should be able to rent one from Autozone or the likes. If it's threaded into the bumper; like Raymond said. Nevermind; I need to read the entire thread before replying :-/
  10. X

I managed to do a couple things for the Crown Vic over the weekend. I installed the circuit breaker for the power accessories (that rusty box on the starter solenoid) and reinstalled the Quarterhorse back into the ECU. Not much, but something. I still need to siphon out the old gas, reinstall...
  11. X

Latest Aftermarket Wheel Offering

I like the Series G - Legend wheels; they would look good on the Crown Vic. Though; I'm gonna stick with my US Mags Rambler U111 wheels. They were fairly cheap for what they are.
  12. X

Got nothing done to any of the vehicles; just little things. A couple weeks ago, we finally took delivery of our washing machine after 2.5 months of waiting. The people who were sent to take the old machine out and install the new one consisted of a guy with a hernia and his teenage son; who was...
  13. X

Whilst working from home yesterday, I got the 30A circuit breaker that I had been meaning to install in the Crown Vic; and glued a divider between the 2 poles. I probably could have left it undivided; but the factory circuit breaker had a divider; so I am doing likewise. This will be one of...
  14. X

Yah, I was told that by a couple of my friends. Just pour a bottle of fuel stabilizer and run it. I might siphon it out, mix stabilizer with the remaining gas, and top it off with fresh 93. I will run the year old gas in my Grand Marquis because it doesn't seem to care anyways.
  15. X

So my Grand Marquis exhaust project is taking a lot longer than intended. The exhaust studs are mostly frozen on the 4.6L. I had the passenger side broken free and am now working on the driver side. For whatever reason, the driver side studs are in worse shape than the passenger side. And...