Recent content by marco

1. M

5 years later.... The Lightning RETURNS!

Pulled the motor for a rear mail leak almost 5 years ago. Long story short: Life gets in the way and had to put the Lightning in the corner of the shop knowing that one day I would be able to get back to it. Well, this was the week!! Headed into town for a battery and a timing light and it...
  2. M

battery?

I have used all the optima batteries and they suck for the cars that sit. After buying two red tops, I went to Motorcraft since and never had a problem. I don't see a reason to go anywhere else if it is working.
  3. M

Lightning and 454ss

I wouldn't mind getting one for myself if the price is right, but they are too proud of the 454SS trucks for what they are in my opinion. I may think different if I was a chevy guy vs Ford tho.
  4. M

Who has highest message on lightning

I agree totally. I used my truck for a daily driver since 98 up till about 4 years ago when it was parked. I changed the oil religiously every 3000-3500. Motorcraft oil Started it up this last year and oil was coming out everywhere. So I removed the engine this last week to check it out...
  5. M

Who has highest message on lightning

289K never broke a gasket on the motor besides upper intake. Same engine, rearend, and tranny. Nothing rebuilt
  6. M

What did you do to your gen 1 today

Engine stand should be in today so if it is there at the house after work, I will start the tear down for the motor.
  7. M

Smog delete? (need input)

It has changed a lot just in the time that I have been out here.
  8. M

Thanks! I will start looking for one and send it off to you shortly :D
  9. M

I'm in NW okc/ Piedmont area
  10. M

Can you purchase the tunes with a aftermarket programmer out of the box or need custom tunes? Who did you go with?
  11. M

I wanted to get options of people who see deleted emissions on the Lightning's at car shows..... I have pulled the engine out this weekend and I am just starring at all the emissions junk that is on he truck. I am in Oklahoma so we don't have inspections to drive. I want to keep the...
  12. M

9mm plug wire looms

dang that is clean!
  13. M

Plastic on rear tube bumper?

It would be nice not to mess with it again. Plastic just won't last where it is and I did notice that there is some rust happening inside the tubes that I wasn't to excited to see either. Not to mention the rust inside the rear wheel wells.:( Old Ford truck and being a daily for 15 years...
  14. M

Fog Lamps

If he has them this evening when I get home and can sign up on ebay, they will be mine. I need them bad and they look good. Thanks!
  15. M

Plastic on rear tube bumper?

I will keep an eye out for them. I didn't like the logos on the caps since they weren't from Ford like that. Hopefully I can find something as I am considering just changing to solid steel tubes. I just hate to change it to a solid steel tubes and insert if I can find them. I have a...