Recent content by jetski247

1. jetski247

intake porting "Big Dogs"

yes, your right, there is plenty of volume between the two..............removing it makes no difference. ive never seen one in any of my chevy's though. but obviously they work or oem would'nt put them in....
  2. jetski247

Vss signal loss issue

i can't find the article sent to me from a bad mlps. but it stated that it caused all kinds of wierd issues that were very difficult to diagnose. ford had a tsb on it because so many dealerships were at a loss on the issues from a bad mlps. my mlps went out and my 4low quit working as well as...
  3. jetski247

yeah, they make no difference in performance on the jet ski's but are required by law to suppress a backfire, kawasaki had a HUGE recall because they didn't put them in at the factory........i can't tell you how many of those i did....ive seen a few motorcycle engines with them as well as land...
  4. jetski247

what do you mean not right at the cylinder? those go right on top of the throttle body's, each cylinder has its own TB. not restrictive at all those are off of a yamaha fxho, five valve per cylinder engine, capable of over 14K rpm......
  5. jetski247

lord i don't miss porting one bit.........i'll do it on my chainsaw/weedeater/jetskis etc........but my last one subaru sti, i ported everything, took forever..............but made a difference, but long nights in the shop after the kids went to bed........i'll never do it again, nor custom...
  6. jetski247

......cuz if it works on a golf ball, its gotta work on intake tubes, under vacuum or boost right. like a fighterjets skin, like a sharks skin.....like a roughed up bottom hull of a boat that handles so well........air fills the voids creating its own perfectly smooth surface...
  7. jetski247

ive been wanting to send him an intake to see what he can do for me but a quick search shows poor customer service for sure, not sure about his work.......i mean, hog it out, flow test it and see what you get right?
  8. jetski247

Best long tube header for under $1k?

im running the ford motorsports stainless shorties for the f150/bronco and couldn't be happier. port match is perfect for the gt40's, bolting them on the block was no issues, minus a little dipstick finesse..........and they have held up the test of time, through all my offroading, beach trips...
  9. jetski247

lol, we have to be engineers, machinist, artist to work on our trucks cuz nothing fits right....
  10. jetski247

Vss signal loss issue

do you have rabs? and id you ohm out the wires from the vss to the speedo to see if all is well? do you have any check engine light? abs light? that sensor is the only thing that reads speed unless the lightnings are different. so if you have a new sensor, connector is clean, wires are good, you...
  11. jetski247

Aftermarket Cam idle woes

got the computer back from having the capacitors replaced, took ecm apart to verify quality, sprayed both sides of the circuit board with battery terminal protection spray, put it back together after it dried and sealed the rear port with foil tape. removed all wires from the 60 pin and cleaned...
  12. jetski247

Vss signal loss issue

not sure about the lightning, but i think the path goes from the rear diff, to the rabs module, then speedo, then ecm, sounds like the computer thinks your already moving and sends the trans into the appropriate gear. not sure why its jumping at idle, have you pulled the vss sensor out and see...
  13. jetski247

yeah i wasn't sure if you bent them one at a time or what, you got lucky they both bent and not the weaker one first. with them spread out, now you can work on the x pipe
  14. jetski247

nice, how id you bend them?
  15. jetski247

No start issue... Kind of

first time i saw the proximity unlock was from a ups guy years ago when i was still a mechanic, and thought, this is what i need for my toolbox so my $#!+ won't keep walking off.