Getting the Red/Black 93 Back on the Road?

The old WB is an LM-1 I think. It's as old as the trans controller and MAF kit, so maybe mid-2000s. If I did go PxS I'd have the MAF kit, trans controller and WB to sell to recoup part of the cost. I've got some other stuff I should list like Cal-Trac bars, etc.

The kits I'm looking at are either Innovative MTX-L, or DB, or the DLG-1 dual wide band/single gauge.

The old WB is an LM-1 I think. It's as old as the trans controller and MAF kit, so maybe mid-2000s. If I did go PxS I'd have the MAF kit, trans controller and WB to sell to recoup part of the cost. I've got some other stuff I should list like Cal-Trac bars, etc.

The kits I'm looking at are either Innovative MTX-L, or DB, or the DLG-1 dual wide band/single gauge.
Why not use what Stinger offers? The Spartan is an excellent wideband and has Megasquirt specific calibration.

I wanted to have one installed before I get the truck back, and Summit Racing sells Innovative and AEM. I thought Innovative is compatible with Megasquirt? Plus, in my mind having a dual is better than a single. But I know enough to be dangerous and that's about it, so is my logic flawed?

I just looked at Stingers site and the only WB they offer outside of a kit is the AEM X-Series. I'd like something compatible with Holley or PxS, so if I do upgrade EFI I'm covered either way.

I wanted to have one installed before I get the truck back, and Summit Racing sells Innovative and AEM. I thought Innovative is compatible with Megasquirt? Plus, in my mind having a dual is better than a single. But I know enough to be dangerous and that's about it, so is my logic flawed?

I just looked at Stingers site and the only WB they offer outside of a kit is the AEM X-Series. I'd like something compatible with Holley or PxS, so if I do upgrade EFI I'm covered either way.
You don't need duals, just more wiring complexity and labor. I'm not sure I follow what you are saying, they offer the Spartan with a gauge for 169?

Dude, if you swap EFI systems the cost of a new wideband is like nothing...

Any modern wideband will output a 0-5v signal that you can input into the PxS. I'm using an Autometer on the red truck so that it matches the other gauges, and will use a Spartan 2 on the white truck with no gauge.

I like Innovate products a lot. I do have an AEM X in my car because of the OBD2 interface with HP Tuners, but I hate the cosmetics of it with a passion.

Remove the MAF back to the stock harness (can you do that, or did you modify the harness?), remove the Q4, install the PxS by installing the WB, moving 3 wires, and I'll send you a starting tune. For a truck with a stock harness, you could easily have it drivable on the PxS in a couple of hours. After you've done it once, in less than an hour. I change the white truck back and forth in about 5 minutes. :D

What I'm trying to say is I am not swapping EFI right now (I don't think), but I want to install a new WB in the truck before I get it back from "shop jail". I'm not worried about the cost of the WB.

If you buy an EFI kit from Stingers website they offer either AEM or Spartan WB's, however, if you go to Tuning -> Wideband O2 components the only WB kit (sensor, wiring, controller, gauge) they show is the AEM X-Series. They don't list the Spartan setup separately outside of an EFI PxS kit.

Choose your WBO2 based on the cosmetics. They all work the same downstream. It's just a few changes in the software settings for range and scale.

What I'm trying to say is I am not swapping EFI right now (I don't think), but I want to install a new WB in the truck before I get it back from "shop jail". I'm not worried about the cost of the WB.

If you buy an EFI kit from Stingers website they offer either AEM or Spartan WB's, however, if you go to Tuning -> Wideband O2 components the only WB kit (sensor, wiring, controller, gauge) they show is the AEM X-Series. They don't list the Spartan setup separately outside of an EFI PxS kit.

OK, I see, I bet it's just an oversite on their web design. You can get the Spartan straight from the source 14point7.com. Anyway all the ones you mentioned are good for what you want, really can't go wrong. I was just trying to save you money.

I dont know about them lining up but you can see fairly good in my pics where they land. If you do the kooks have V-band clamps welded on and move the sensor bungs. I was told that and just did the V-bands. But the sensor bungs put the sensor in a bad spot.

I have the MAC headers. There’s no way they line up. The pass side kicks in a little toward the transmission and they are shorter than the Kooks just looking at pictures. You would have to have a shop shorten the collector pipes and change the ball and socket style connector to a flange or v band style for Kooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also i have an extra brand new Spartan wideband to sell. Thinking about it, I believe Ray wanted it at one time but I hadn’t dug it out. So as long as Ray doesn’t still want it, it’s up for grabs.

I like Innovate products a lot. I do have an AEM X in my car because of the OBD2 interface with HP Tuners, but I hate the cosmetics of it with a passion.

Remove the MAF back to the stock harness (can you do that, or did you modify the harness?), remove the Q4, install the PxS by installing the WB, moving 3 wires, and I'll send you a starting tune. For a truck with a stock harness, you could easily have it drivable on the PxS in a couple of hours. After you've done it once, in less than an hour. I change the white truck back and forth in about 5 minutes. :D

Yep, the maf conversion is an overlay injector harness, and a jumper harness between the computer and factory harness so it can all come out cleanly. I don't even know where the Q4 is LOL, I think its under the dash. This PxS is starting to sound less intimidating than I thought it was. Ill just need to make some decisions once I get the truck back because I have the Foxbody itch again too. Plus I've got a big investment in Jamie's former Vortech just sitting in a box.

Mine is supposedly shipping Monday after 2 months of waiting, and NOW you post this.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Chuck, you'll want to verify that the factory transmission harnesses are still in place before removing the Q4.

Also i have an extra brand new Spartan wideband to sell. Thinking about it, I believe Ray wanted it at one time but I hadn’t dug it out. So as long as Ray doesn’t still want it, it’s up for grabs.

I forgot about that!!! I’m good I will pass :)

I forgot about that!!! I’m good I will pass :)
@ASAP What are you asking? Could you ship early next week?

Chuck, you'll want to verify that the factory transmission harnesses are still in place before removing the Q4.

Is there a trans jumper harness that connects to the main harness via a connector? Or is it part of the main harness? Do you think they could have completely removed the OEM harness and run a new harness for the q4?

Is there a trans jumper harness that connects to the main harness via a connector? Or is it part of the main harness? Do you think they could have completely removed the OEM harness and run a new harness for the q4?

It'll be easier to check on that once you have the truck back.

I have had my hopes up for the past 2 weeks. Both weekends the truck was supposed to be fired up and shaken down. I emailed a few days ago asking if it will still be ready this weekend, today I got a response saying the owner will be emailing me back. Weird, really weird. I've got some not-so-great vibes right now, why could the service writer just give me a status update? I hope its still in one piece.

Back