Feedback Thread

Raymond_B

Administrator
I Support the NLOC
OK, I had to rebuild the forum due to a simple mistake on my end with attachments. All seems good now.

Items on my to-do list
  1. General forum cleanup <--- Ongoing
  2. Tapatalk -- do we need it if I customize the mobile view? <--- I am creating mobile themes, we'll see how that goes. I also have some ideas on forum formatting
  3. Chat rooms?
  4. Advertisement placement <--- Ads help support the site, but they are a bit obnoxious on mobile

Last edited:
If we can make the mobile view look good like tapatalk and the photo attachment is just as easy I don’t think we need it.

Hopefully we can make the words larger because zooming in and out is crap. The image attachment seems good.

Attachments

• 3667FAEE-01EB-434F-8E25-C7E9DA97A200.png
    3667FAEE-01EB-434F-8E25-C7E9DA97A200.png
    597.5 KB · Views: 7
I liked tapatalk simply for notifications on my phone. The mobile version in the browser looks and functions well just no notifications like the app. But tapatalk had been getting worse towards the end there. It would constantly make me re-login even after clicking on the links to reply. So guess if it will remain that way not a real loss.

Test upload. This is a 3.5MB iPhone picture. I will look at something that can auto-resize or give the poster a way to choose from sizing options.

A14D3B7F-96AA-4FAF-A350-3F7BB33C3310.jpeg

I've set a high limit on attachment size, but set the forum to resize down to around 1200x1200 for the image size. As you can see in my replies above, one is native iPhone size and the others are resized. I'll keep testing and will also welcome feedback

I've added the ability to collapse "Categories" for the forum. This will make it cleaner when scrolling through the full view of the forum. I want to keep all of our history, but it makes scrolling around a bit tedious. So now you can simply tick the button to collapse or expand a category, Supporting Vendors for example.

collapsable.JPG

I liked tapatalk simply for notifications on my phone. The mobile version in the browser looks and functions well just no notifications like the app. But tapatalk had been getting worse towards the end there. It would constantly make me re-login even after clicking on the links to reply. So guess if it will remain that way not a real loss.
I found this setting after doing some research. I have never tried it on my phone, but I will poke around and see how it works. Let me know how it does for you.

notifications.JPG

Also I was poking around and thought I'd make sure everyone knew when looking at threads on how to go to the original post and then to the most recent.

newest and latest.JPG

Back