Got a new tig welder

slow94

Got a tig welder a couple weeks ago to start teaching myself the basics. Definitely like it so far! Little aluminum cube I welded up. I like aluminum way better than steel so far. Much easier imo. A worth while purchase I think.
eaa81f29d87e80e6307cdbfe0c143c16.jpg
91d5bbd25b6d620574ae09cd4b3c8a8a.jpg
2606062fb89828a383064c0ca47b8e07.jpg
9070d37bd409d321d7c6bf69cf9843ad.jpg
520af7f539caa44be0007275e41e8267.jpg
8b7760f20f62dbf021f09db6b591eb8d.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

How can you have a post about a new TIG welder and then not tell us anything about the TIG welder? LOL

How can you have a post about a new TIG welder and then not tell us anything about the TIG welder? LOL
Haha it's a Prime Weld 225x. Pretty sweet unit in my opinion. Runs stick real nice too. I got it because it's affordable, comes with a nice torch, and has a great warranty.

Haha it's a Prime Weld 225x. Pretty sweet unit in my opinion. Runs stick real nice too. I got it because it's affordable, comes with a nice torch, and has a great warranty.

That is a nice welder.. I was between that and an AHP, until I found a stupid deal on an AHP.... your welds look good.

That is a nice welder.. I was between that and an AHP, until I found a stupid deal on an AHP.... your welds look good.
Thanks. I thought about the AHP as well. They are probably pretty comparable. I really like the machine for steel too but the stacked dimes look eludes me on steel without using my pulse settings. Gotta practice up. Maybe in a year or so I will be much better.

I grabbed a PrimeWeld MIG a bit ago. Seems really nice and people rave about the customer service they provide. Only got to play with it 2 times so far :(

I grabbed a PrimeWeld MIG a bit ago. Seems really nice and people rave about the customer service they provide. Only got to play with it 2 times so far :(
I may get a mig at some point. Never ran one. Just stick and now tig. Though I can probably do anything with what I got..

Welds look really good!

I bought a Dynasty 210 DX two years ago and I love it but I never get time to mess with it.

Welds look really good!

I bought a Dynasty 210 DX two years ago and I love it but I never get time to mess with it.
That's a nice machine for sure! Aluminum is coming pretty naturally so far. I like having all the different frequency and balance setting too. Real nice. I got some real good "looking" steel welds too but they were done with pulse settings.. so I basically cheated lol.

I got some real good "looking" steel welds too but they were done with pulse settings.. so I basically cheated lol.

That ain’t cheating, that’s using the tools you have.

I don’t feel like I’m cheating when I’m on my riding lawnmower instead of using a manual push mower!

84447658842df8e0844f1df39b924141.jpg

That ain’t cheating, that’s using the tools you have.

I don’t feel like I’m cheating when I’m on my riding lawnmower instead of using a manual push mower!

84447658842df8e0844f1df39b924141.jpg
Lol good analogy. I do love my zero turn as well.

Pulse stainless butt weld. Still got to fiddle with some settings.
fae9447aac3b7561c8e00cbdb55b1e9f.jpg
21e1f168b0d546815a18e3f42aaa58c1.jpg

Same for me. I can tig aluminum, steel gives me a hard time.... but I havent tried it much though..
Yeah stick welding is no problem.. I like that. Steel tig just doesn't flow like aluminum. I can do ok but I just tend to want to turn on the pulser to get the "look" I'm going for.. probably means nothing for strength.

probably means nothing for strength.

Flip it over and look at your penetration. As long as you have good penetration on the back side your strength is there.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flip it over and look at your penetration. As long as you have good penetration on the back side your strength is there.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Well the stainless didn't have a backpurge and no sugaring on back of it so I'm guessing the penetration was maybe 70% or so. I'm playing with doing autogenous weld first then going over with filler and pulse.

Nice. I like the exhaust going on outside of frame rail. Gives me ideas for future stuff.

Back