Holley fuel pump sending unit

Very interesting! Glad they've done a product for these OBS trucks.

I'm starting to get more than a little annoyed by the pump cavitation when I brake at less than 1/4 tank with my sumped setup, so starting to contemplate what I want to change.

That’s why I built that custom tank Jeff. Trying to keep the pump in the fuel the entire time.

Called a couple of times but Mondays are usually busy for them. I'll try later today or in the morning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That’s why I built that custom tank Jeff. Trying to keep the pump in the fuel the entire time.

I need to drop my tank and look at how the sump is installed. I'm guessing it may not be baffled correctly because I don't see any reason the sump should starve that easily/quickly. I haven't looked in there in 15 years.

I'd love a setup like you had. Sadly, my skills with sheet metal aren't remotely in the same solar system as yours!

this still seems like it would have similar "slosh" issues. I vote for surge tank

I got hold of Holley Tech and both pumps shown (12-356 and 12-357) are for the saddle tanks only... nothing for the rear tank yet.... That's why they have a short and long wheel base option because the saddles are different size between the two... I really thought a great solution had shown up...

I got hold of Holley Tech and both pumps shown (12-356 and 12-357) are for the saddle tanks only... nothing for the rear tank yet.... That's why they have a short and long wheel base option because the saddles are different size between the two... I really thought a great solution had shown up...
Glad you posted. I'm waiting on them to email me on this. Last night the two guys I talked to wasn't sure because it was such a new product.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I went ahead and bought one of the pumps. I have the F250 38 gallon rear tank. I know I'll have to modify it but with the hat and bracket it shouldn't be that hard.
d316e9e1049c4265ab0877c4950f0377.jpg
333a92a66a7966b1db6ee6e844be15a3.jpg
a806faf1f90867582a7403f08e910eed.jpg
f4ffc0f586f9ef5123a6f83f9ac47d3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Will that fit the rear tank? I thought that it was only for the front one? Im curious how it fits, bc I have the same tank with the aeromotive hat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's for the front tank. I know I'll have to do some modifications to make it work on the rear tank. If I can't get it to work I'm out 300 bucks which is not a big deal.

This is the standard Lightning rear fuel tank. It will fit in just fine but it's cocked to one side. With very little modification it could be made to work.
I'll be pulling my bed next weekend to make it work in the big tank.
7cfd18e493fab14867656c3266b7bc15.jpg
27542d4ad0f1dcafad6d41812b5e0d9e.jpg

What are you going to do to prevent starvation at lower fuel levels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you going to do to prevent starvation at lower fuel levels?

If the hydromats are as good as Holley claims that shouldn't be a problem. The one that comes with the pump is about 14in long give or take.

Oh ok. I know of some members that used them with success too!

Well started working on putting the Holley fuel pump in when I found that my 8 month old tank was rusted up.
Any suggestions on how to remove the surface rust on the inside of the tank?

Back