Who Has One Reserved? (Negative comments will be removed!)

Raymond_B

Administrator
I Support the NLOC
Everyone has had a chance to post their opinion so negative comments will be removed! This is for Gen 3 owners.

Way out of my price range I can't even afford a a new Ford F-150 lariat

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm in too! Made my reservation this evening. This will replace my Bolt and will be an excellent commuter for me...I drive a little under 100 miles round trip daily.

Trust me, I too was skeptical about EV's at first, but you don't know what you don't know until you own one. I still own my PSD F350, Lightning, Expedition, and the two EV's. We use the fuel powered vehicles for long trips because in my experience public chargers suck...they are either broken, hard to find, or cost you way too much money to use!

In my opinion, EV's are made for city driving. Period. I constantly push my EV to the limits to see just how far I can drive it and in what conditions...trust me when I say I push the range limits because if you run out of power you can't roll into the nearest gas station for a can of gas, it's call a tow truck--ask me how I know. The things I found so far are: It doesn't matter what the vehicle says your range is because it's ALWAYS less--the new Lightning looks like it will adjust range on the fly for current conditions and that will be HUGE for owners. Weather matters. The cold zaps your batteries, for example my range on a normal day is 230 miles on a full charge, but in the winter I was seeing as low as 130 miles for a full charge. Don't forget heaters draw a lot of power and in return it reduces your range. Heat matters too and it also zaps your batteries because the vehicle is using power to condition the batteries to keep them at a certain temp so they don't overheat. Don't forget using your AC is just like using your heater...it uses power and reduces your range. Wind plays a part in your range as well...headwind vs tailwind really impacts EV's on the highway. Now, with all that said, I still love my EV's. I love the fact that I put over 30K on it in a year and didn't waste one minute stopping at a gas station, looking at fuel prices, no oil changes, no plugs changed, no fuel filter changed, etc. The only thing I did to that car is rotate the tires, installed new wipers, and filled the wiper fluid.

Washington State just found a way to capture all the missing gas taxes they aren't getting from EV owners. They are now charging me a $150 electric vehicle renewal fee and a $75 transportation electrification fee, which now puts my tabs over $300 for each EV.

I really like this truck. Im undecided on getting this or stick to the cybertruck. As a tesla owner,the ease of charging while on a road trip is effortless. And while I only take about two trips a year,the piece of mind knowing the superchargers work all the time is priceless.

"We're Off To The Races": Ford Secures 44,000 Reservations For Electric F-150 Just Hours After Reveal.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/w...150-just-12-hours-after-reveal#comment-stream

Isn't that more than all the Gen. II's ever sold?

I don't remember a huge unveiling or dedication like this devoted to the Gen 1 or Gen 2 first year release...and i dang sure don't remember them using a 2 steering wheel setup with a political figure driving it to push up sales either so i would guess that the hype train for electric vehicles should open up higher on sales that previous lightnings. With the delays ford is having on the Bronco when do they expect to start releasing these trucks? I'm interested to see them in person.

I put in a reservation. Waiting to see the final numbers before I potentially go through with it.

It's nothing at all like a Gen 2. It's a normal F150. Just with a battery. Nothing "Special Vehicle Team" about it.

Technically there was nothing "Special Vehicle Team" about either previous generation of Lightning except the (lack of?) marketing. They just stuck their initials on the efforts of Ford Truck for the Gen 1 and Saleen for the Gen 2 and then restricted the dealerships that they could be sold through. At least it kept the numbers low.

So, look to Ford Truck for any kind of special edition since I don't think there will be an aftermarket capability.

Technically there was nothing "Special Vehicle Team" about either previous generation of Lightning except the (lack of?) marketing. They just stuck their initials on the efforts of Ford Truck for the Gen 1 and Saleen for the Gen 2 and then restricted the dealerships that they could be sold through. At least it kept the numbers low.

now that’s hilarious

back on topic, these EV’s are for city folks and no way would one work for how I use a pickup

I was told a regular cab short bed was not an option

Last edited:
I don’t know why they didn’t revive the E series that has been gone since the Econoline was discontinued.

E-150 electric
F-150 internal combustion engine

I don’t know why they didn’t revive the E series that has been gone since the Econoline was discontinued.

E-150 electric

Makes more sense that the Lightning badge. But Ford lost sense a while ago.

E-150 electric

That would make perfect sense, but their unveiling would not have been as flashy. We all know $$$ are king...

Back