retirement job

greenstang

0928181340a.jpg

I will be officially retired at the plant Monday. My new job might be truck cleaning. I cleaned up the 95 and the 18, that's a lot of cleaning!

Congratulations! I can't wait to retire, 3yrs out for me. I just don't understand when guys retire and say they're BORED!

Congratulations on the retirement!

Congratulations! I can't wait to retire, 3yrs out for me. I just don't understand when guys retire and say they're BORED!

Lol, I could have gone out 5 years ago but I couldn't collect my retirement until 62 so I'm going to wait for 5 more that will put me at 40 years.

Last edited:
Thats awesome

Im gonna have to work until lunch the day of my funeral tho!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7.5 years left for me. Ill be 56 and have 35 years in fed retirement. Ill also have a 8 yo daughter and a 7 yo son. So i have plenty to do in retirement. Lol

I'm 59 and decided to pull the trigger. I'm fortunate to have the opportunity. Now maybe I can get at least one of the old Ford's finished!

Thats a good plan. I work with guys who are over 70yo to 84yo who refuse to retire. I see people work all their lives. Not me im gone asap.

Congrats! I have 2-4 yet. Sounds like a jail term. lol. After 40 years in the plant, I could go now but they haven't pi$$ed me off yet.

I didn't have a choice. 14 yrs ago they told me to go home and they would send my check every month. I obliged them. I'm a chicken rancher now.

Congrats on retirement! I’ve got a few left to go but will happily do whatever I want when able! They won’t need to push me out the door!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody that has retired from the plant no matter how early, tells me I won't regret it. I hope to be telling guys the same thing when I run into them the next year or two!

Congrats on retiring. You guys make me feel young. I gotta work another 25 then I’ll still probably do repairs part time for people.

Congrats on retiring. You guys make me feel young. I gotta work another 25 then I’ll still probably do repairs part time for people.

Lol. I didn't realize how many of us old f4rts hang out here until I read this thread. :gl:

Back