going racing tonight

95Blitz

This is the first time sence last year i have gone. It's just an 1/8 mile track so i'm looking to run in the low 9s. this is what i have done.
16* timing
180 stat.
460 tube
home made cold air box
9" K&N cone
B&M shift kit
2 electric fans
underdrive pulleys
bypassed smogpump
shortbelt
short leafspring fliped over with a small snibber
no mufflers exhaust exit infrount of rear tire
rear two cats are empty
goodyear GT2's

There is one thing clearly missing from your list. Drag tires!!! Expecially in the 1/8 mile, traction is KING!! When you can, get a set of Drag Radails on some 15x10s and your going to see a big difference in your ET.:tu:

yeah was thinking about getting some DR's. but i do have a race car so i'll just keep tring different things on the truck to see if i can get it to hook up.

On a side note Steven, My wife (and I guess me) have family in Dothan and Ozark. Next time we come up, Ill let you know and maybe we could hook up at Hooters or something. That would be fun. Do you have a local track in that area? Maybe we could go have a guys night out??? Whatcha think??:D

Hey Rod,

If your ever in the Atlanta area, be sure and hit me up with a msg, I can show you some "nice" places.

:)

Well, and I would get to see your truck in person..

:D

heck ya Rod sounds like a good idea. there is a track about 15 miles south of Dothan thats where i ran this bast weekend. just hit me up when you know your comming this way.

That sounds like fun. I dont know if Ill be up there before Christmas, but Ill certainly let you know when I do. I also didnt know there was a drag strip that close to Dothan. Sounds like a night out! The the Mandatory Post-Race HOOTERS shake-down!!!

ATL-Lightning, I dont usually come up to Hotlanta, but maybe we could meet at Gainesville for Fun Ford Weekend next year. That could be cool.:tu:

Back