Power Surge Performance?

03whtlightning

Does anyone know how to contact Sal at PSP? I have tried to call the number on his website and it is disconnected. Is he still tuning in Florida?

I am so glad i was able to get my tune done by him before the shop closed doors. So happy with it! He is a great tuner!

Wayne

RWTD isn't a vendor anymore atleast he's not listed.Good luck getting ahold of him .Hope you've got months to wait for tunes.Great guy and tuner but not worth the hassle.Search RWTD and see what you find 1st.Plus looked it up on BBB and theres quite a few listings there for unresolved issues. Sad too he's a damn good tuner.I finally gave up after 4-5 months waiting on a tune adjustment to turn off my egr.

Well I will throw in my 2 cents on this one.

I have learned a lot about tuning in the last couple years, still don't consider myself a tuner. I just don't have the time to devote to tuning 100%. With that being said I have worked with many tuners, from the "best" in the country to just regulars.

The one thing I have learned is that each have their own approach on how to tune a car. I have found the most succesful ones to be the ones who actually know how to work on a car and not just text book tuners. Those will be able to usually pinpoint and diagnose mechanical issues when they arise. Also you want a tuner who can get back to you in a decent amount of time. Waiting months for a tune is unacceptable, their are plenty of good tuners around.

The one tuner I have been working with for quite some time now is Eric Brooks. Used to work at SCT, and learned from Jerry W. Jerry W. was one of the founders of SCT. I have had the best results with him, and although sometimes we get stumped on issues we are always able to get them resolved. If you want more information check out his site Brooks Speed - Custom Ford, GM, Dodge Tuning. He is also the person who bought Sal's Dyno.

RWTD isn't a vendor anymore atleast he's not listed.Good luck getting ahold of him .Hope you've got months to wait for tunes.Great guy and tuner but not worth the hassle.Search RWTD and see what you find 1st.Plus looked it up on BBB and theres quite a few listings there for unresolved issues. Sad too he's a damn good tuner.I finally gave up after 4-5 months waiting on a tune adjustment to turn off my egr.

+1 Ive been "using" him all summer and now its fall and Im still not done or if I am I havent heard back from James in a while. The only way I would ever use him is if I was there in person and if it was before I had to wait 4 months to get my tune finished. I think Ill go with the tuner with the least complaints this time around.

Its odd that everyone has problems getting in touch with RWTD. I call him on almost a daily basis and friends of mine that I know call and get dyno tunes within a week of calling.

You must have his cell # because whenever i tried getting a hold of him i almost never got anything but the machine .And that doesn't even take messages. A few people hve his cell and the others wait and wait and wait on service they paid for.I spent a $1000 with him and did the email game calling you name it.Everything he told me to do i did.Like i said if you search RWTD on here ther'll be a list of Threads asking how do you get a hold of him.It is a shame i had to wait from december to around May to simply get my egr shut off in my tune.That would take what 5 mins.Glad yo have better luck.Maybe since your a local guy he takes your calls lol.And Homestead your still tryin? Good luck my man!

Last edited:
Sal was a huge asset to the L community and will always be remembered.

As for RWTD I would only use him if it was in person. Another bad experience here as well. In person he is said to be top notch.There are so many dynos and tuners that mail order should be a last resort.

Eric Brooks owns and administrates modularfords.com

Drop him a line in one of the forums. He's a helleva nice guy with plenty of knowledge on Force Induced Modulars. He drives a 2.8 KB'd GT500 putting 712HP to the wheels on pump gas.:eek:ldtu:

James posts over there too, but he's always butting heads with somebody.

Im about to install some headers, so Im going with JJ so I can be done with all the B/S.

:thumbup:Thats what i finally did .It's a trip to be able to get to talk to someone everytime you call .It's like wow why did i waste all that time before JJs and awesome tuner and great customer service .

Back