Stage 4 Heads/Cams Setup ~ Vacuum ?

I'D WIN

JJ,

While most don't run a radical full Stage 4 setup, I know you build them ... my question is, on your Stage 4 builds, what is the typical vacuum reading and are you adding any vacuum accessories to offset the low readings?

My vacuum stays around 5 and sometimes less. I have added a canister to help with the brakes but the truck itself is lacking vacuum big time and might be causing me issues in other places such as fuel pressure, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thx!
Martin

JJ,

While most don't run a radical full Stage 4 setup, I know you build them ... my question is, on your Stage 4 builds, what is the typical vacuum reading and are you adding any vacuum accessories to offset the low readings?

My vacuum stays around 5 and sometimes less. I have added a canister to help with the brakes but the truck itself is lacking vacuum big time and might be causing me issues in other places such as fuel pressure, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thx!
Martin

5-8psi at idle is about what the stage 4 heads and cams will make on a built motor, but I have not had issues with brakes or fp on any of these. Make sure you have a new brake booster vac valve.

If I can be of any help, just give me a call.

Thanks,

JJ@WMS

Back