XE274HR Camshaft?

RPM289

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Is anyone running one? Buddy runs them in 5.0 mustangs and loves them. I was watching videos Speed Secrets Richard Holdener has and he is making some good numbers NA even more boosted! hope to run a PiMPxshift also.

Specs .555 / .565 274 / 282 112 lsa 2200-6200

Last edited:
Is anyone running one? Buddy runs them in 5.0 mustangs and loves them. I was watching videos Speed Secrets Richard Holdener has and he is making some good numbers NA even more boosted! hope to run a PiMPxshift also.

Specs .555 / .565 274 / 282 112 lsa 2200-6200

I’m sure it’s a good cam, but remember you’re running a big heavy truck. NOTHING beats calling the cam company and telling them your combo and having something recommended off the shelf or even better custom ground.

I'm going to stick a FTI KR1A in the white truck.

I wouldn't put that particular XE cam in with stock heads. That's a lot of cam. No matter what head, you'll want a pretty stout torque converter to make it work in a truck with an auto. In my opinion, the smaller "70" cam would be OK with GT40 heads, though you'll need a valve spring upgrade. And probably still want a converter upgrade.

I run the TFS stage 2. It’s very similar. Check out my mods in my signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to stick a FTI KR1A in the white truck.

I wouldn't put that particular XE cam in with stock heads. That's a lot of cam. No matter what head, you'll want a pretty stout torque converter to make it work in a truck with an auto. In my opinion, the smaller "70" cam would be OK with GT40 heads, though you'll need a valve spring upgrade. And probably still want a converter upgrade.
Any idea what the stock converter and I think I read in search a navigator convertor stall at?

Any idea what the stock converter and I think I read in search a navigator convertor stall at?
My stock one stalled around 1800-2000. I heard Navigator stalls around 2200. Not enough for that cam in a heavy truck. I had a 2200 in mine before the Circle D. There's no way it was enough with the power band starting at 2500.

I ran a TFS stage 1 with stock heads/intake (added valve springs). and I liked it. sounds healthy, ran with an A9L maf setup well. (the 112 LSA seemed to help with the surge compared to E cam).

I think I remember reading that gt40s flow flatlines after .500 lift and even some cases drop a bit towards .600 so running a cam with that much lift wont really net any performance gains.

That's what made me pivot around to the TFS Stg 1/E-cam. There's no purpose in more lift on the stock GT40s.

I've long been a fan of the E-cam in a stick shift Fox. A little bit of the parking lot boogie under some conditions, but overall a nice uptick over the stocker.

Last edited:
That's what made me pivot around to the TFS Stg 1/E-cam. There's no purpose in more lift on the stock GT40s.

I've long been a fan of the E-cam in a stick shift Fox. A little bit of the parking lot boogie under some conditions, but overall a nice uptick over the stocker
A foxbody with a nice dual exhaust and an E-cam is iconic for sure. Half the reason I'm hesitant to swap cams in my truck is because how good it sound at idle.

i have a custom hydraulic roller sitting here i had spec by FREEZY and
it a blower cam setup for a 351w
185 heads and about 10-20psi
asking 425$ brand new in box.

i have a custom hydraulic roller sitting here i had spec by FREEZY and
it a blower cam setup for a 351w
185 heads and about 10-20psi
asking 425$ brand new in box.
What are the specs. may be a bit more cam than he needs since its setup for good heads but can always grow into it

I should put my old 185s on the white truck and put some real heads on the red one. Ug. Slippery slope.

What are the specs. may be a bit more cam than he needs since its setup for good heads but can always grow into it
shoot me a text not on this page often
intake .601 ext 5.95
duration @.50 235. 251
115 lope sep
92055eight 20one2

Back