Upgrades for #772

What happened to the XB1A? Vortech install looks good!

Thanks man! The XB1A is out of commission right now due to a bad bearing that scarred the input shaft as well. Bearings were no problem but superchargerrebuilds.com doesn’t have the input shaft and I’m having to wait on it to be made through them. Been waiting for around 3 months now and all they can say is it’s in line to be made with no ETA. I’m sure it was my fault for over tightening the belt trying to cure a little belt slippage at higher RPM. Part is the fun…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! The XB1A is out of commission right now due to a bad bearing that scarred the input shaft as well. Bearings were no problem but superchargerrebuilds.com doesn’t have the input shaft and I’m having to wait on it to be made through them. Been waiting for around 3 months now and all they can say is it’s in line to be made with no ETA. I’m sure it was my fault for over tightening the belt trying to cure a little belt slippage at higher RPM. Part is the fun…

I would doubt it was from over tightening unless the xb1a is fragile. No man alive has ever tightened a novi 2000 tighter than me lol and it took it like a champ. Though they are a little different blower. I think the vortech will be here to stay!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I would doubt it was from over tightening unless the xb1a is fragile. No man alive has ever tightened a novi 2000 tighter than me lol and it took it like a champ. Though they are a little different blower. I think the vortech will be here to stay!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Lol. Not sure but that’s the only thing I could think of. Was still tuning and had not made wot pull yet so I know it didnt over spin the bearings at 5000 RPM. Yea will be keeping the vortech. Took it for a first drive today and I love how much quieter it is and it’s self contained. Will be selling the XB1A once i get it back together.

Yea the straight gears of the v1’s and the XB1As are ridiculously loud. I love the helical gear muffled sound! I’m a big fan of QUIET! Engine, exhaust, etc.. I’m about to build a 3” exhaust with resonators and a Magnaflow dual in/out x pipe muffler. Hopefully it won’t be too loud.

Yea the straight gears of the v1’s and the XB1As are ridiculously loud. I love the helical gear muffled sound! I’m a big fan of QUIET! Engine, exhaust, etc.. I’m about to build a 3” exhaust with resonators and a Magnaflow dual in/out x pipe muffler. Hopefully it won’t be too loud.

haha! I'm the opposite I love the loud blower noise!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We’ll looks like I hit the limit of my current fuel system(I think the rails) at about 5200 rpm and 10psi of boost. I shift at 6-6400 depending on which gear so I’ve got quite a bit of rpm to still go. Peak power is up around 6k.

I’ve got a set of Aeromotive rails but thinking about running 8an feed / 6an return with 100 micron filter and boost ref regulator off the factory fuel hat fittings. Any problems anyone can see with doing this?

Currently has 340lph in tank and 60lb SD injectors.

Last edited:
Is fuel pressure dropping?

Good question Jeff. I need to hook something up to check. I have a gauge on the rail only so can’t see it while driving. I may go ahead and hook it into the Pimpxshift. Just need the sensor. I can use the egr wire and change the pin.

I don't know much about supercharger efficiency or your combo so unsure what kind of power its making but your signature makes it look like a pretty stout combo. whats the rest of the fuel system consist of?. I see you have a 340 in the tank. stock lines? What is it doing at 5200rpm/10lbs that making you think its out of fuel?

I don't know much about supercharger efficiency or your combo so unsure what kind of power its making but your signature makes it look like a pretty stout combo. whats the rest of the fuel system consist of?. I see you have a 340 in the tank. stock lines? What is it doing at 5200rpm/10lbs that making you think its out of fuel?

It has 340lph in tank and 60 lb Siemens Deka injectors. All lines, rails, fuel filter and regulator are stock. Runs really well everywhere without boost. AFR is good until it runs lean above 5200/10psi then it’s creeping up to 13 AFR very quickly. When I see it edging up I let out of it.

Got it, yeah that 158% duty cycle is all I need to see with a commanded A/F of 12 and actual at 13. It's non-intercooled right?

Back