Steps in the Right Direction - Build Thread for my two Lightnings

Im not really up on my automatic knowledge too much but I feel converter technology has improved a lot over the last 15 years so this seems like a nice all around upgrade.

BUY YOUR BITCOIN MINER TODAY

All equipment will be shipped from our warehouses in Shenzhen China. Additional shipping charges apply to orders shipping to international destinations. A large order will be processed within 24 hours from the moment of payment and send to the client.

Upgraded shipping services are available at an additional cost.

JASMINER X4-1U

ANEXMINER ET3

WORLD DELIVERY 4-11 DAYS

Advertisement right in the middle of the post.. who is this guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not really up on my automatic knowledge too much but I feel converter technology has improved a lot over the last 15 years so this seems like a nice all around upgrade.

I fully expect this change to be worth well over a half-second and 3-4 mph in the quarter with no other changes. You can see in the videos you took how the truck wakes up about 100 ft out. This should allow me to leave at 5-6 psi (instead of 1) and the turbo to wind all the way up much faster. I'll also lock it in second gear and keep it locked during the shifts.

Got the Spartan 2 and the PxS in the white truck, tweaking it in, so amazed by how much better it runs. It's an expensive mod for a stock truck, but it's not going to stay stock, so now I have the foundation I needed.

Got the Spartan 2 and the PxS in the white truck, tweaking it in, so amazed by how much better it runs. It's an expensive mod for a stock truck, but it's not going to stay stock, so now I have the foundation I needed.

Jeff, what were the areas that you saw improvement?

Everything? Idle is better, part throttle high load situations (like going up hill at part throttle) had some surge with the EEC, there's none of that with the PxS. Feels better at high throttle. Being able to control shift points and lock-up makes for a better overall driving experience.

I'm also running it leaner at cruise, so I'm hoping for an increase in mileage, though it'll probably take a couple of tanks to see that change given the way I'm driving it so I can get data logs for tuning.

It'll be a solid starting point for a stock heads/cam truck.

I started with the tune we did for Mike's @BONESTOCK truck, fiddled with it a bit over the past few weeks with my old portable wideband, and got it surprisingly close. I got the Spartan 2 in, drove it around with autotune for a bit, smoothed out the VE table, and have made a few passes over it now with VE Analyze. I'm down to about 15% of cells having a > .5% VE change, so it's in the noise now. O2 correction is running less than 3% at any given instant. The fueling is solid.

I've leaned on a lot of what I did for the red truck, too, especially for the transmission.

Well, poop. Guess the front seal didn't like the change. It's 20 years old.

Stinks to have to do it all again.
a0f2656febab6c51b82784a898e6f291.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Definitely sucks! That's one of those things where I walk back inside and try not to think about it for a day or so LOL.

Mine did the same thing when I installed the circle D. Had to pull the damn thing back out and change the seal. Sucks when you don’t have a lift!

Mine did the same thing when I installed the circle D. Had to pull the damn thing back out and change the seal. Sucks when you don’t have a lift!

$15 part, 6 hours on my back. Any tips, tricks, lessons learned?

Here's mine to anyone else doing this - if you have an old transmission, change the pump seal.

Last edited:
$15 part, 6 hours on my back. Any tips, tricks, lessons learned?

Here's mine to anyone else doing this - if you have an old transmission, change the pump seal.

Seal was a pain due to the limited room to change it(long tubes didn’t help). But eventually popped out with a pry bar. Would recommend a dab of sealant between the seal and the housing.

Committed the '94 to the PxS yesterday, installed it in the computer bay, etc. Very happy with how the truck runs.

When I installed the PxS in the red truck, I modified the ECU bracket for the built-in USB and then didn't even use the side port, so for the white truck I bought an expansion harness with the coms stinger and CANbus wires. Easy to deal with and much cheaper than the time and effort I spent modifying the bracket for the red truck.

Now back to the leaky red pig.

Last edited:
It'll be a solid starting point for a stock heads/cam truck.

I started with the tune we did for Mike's @BONESTOCK truck, fiddled with it a bit over the past few weeks with my old portable wideband, and got it surprisingly close. I got the Spartan 2 in, drove it around with autotune for a bit, smoothed out the VE table, and have made a few passes over it now with VE Analyze. I'm down to about 15% of cells having a > .5% VE change, so it's in the noise now. O2 correction is running less than 3% at any given instant. The fueling is solid.

I've leaned on a lot of what I did for the red truck, too, especially for the transmission.
Once you get it all ironed out I'd like to look at the tune and compare to mine if you don't mind sharing... I know mine could use some work, but I'm still too much of a NOOB and timid with tuning changes. :confused: Mostly what I have issues with is idle AFR and stability.

See attached. Disclaimer - If you blow your stuff up, it ain't my fault! ;)

At idle the WBO2 is always going to feed in some correction based on coolant and manifold temperature, but it's staying within +/- 3% on mine at idle. Idles steady at 700 RPMs. Note you may have to adjust your throttle blade and reset TPS to match up with my IAC control.

Attachments

• WhiteTruckTune.msq
    285.4 KB · Views: 6
See attached. Disclaimer - If you blow your stuff up, it ain't my fault! ;)

At idle the WBO2 is always going to feed in some correction based on coolant and manifold temperature, but it's staying within +/- 3% on mine at idle. Idles steady at 700 RPMs. Note you may have to adjust your throttle blade and reset TPS to match up with my IAC control.
Since my '93 has been running like garbage lately, no codes & didn't see anything in the data I think I may have a PCM with issues. I downloaded your file as a just in case I end up with a Pimp in my mostly stock '93. I need to find time to pull the PCM out & open it up for an inspection. Nothing like a forced upgrade on a 29 year old truck.

Back