Sn95 blower conversion question for Raymond, Jaime or Charles

joshdillon

Shuamanator
Hi guys. Mike G. and I are attempting to copy your sn95 timing cover idea to allow the gen2 two piece crank / blower drive pulley with the much larger Metco blower drive ring options. I called Lee with ASP this morning to order the crank drive and custom waterpump pulley. Lee said he’s only made the crank drive pulley, but is confused because he says the accessory drive belt location will be in too far (1.6”) with sn95 cover and crank / WP pullies. He found profiles for Raymond, Jaime and Charles, but is still confused. Here is a pic of my stock WP pulley. Also, if not ASP, who is supplying the new custom water pump pulley? Please help!
b3b77c64f83a3da3ca512054a900558d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can pull my water pump pulley easily as the engine is out of my truck. I will measure it and post specs in this thread, but Lee at ASP made it for Jamie. He probably just doesn't have the notes or is confused for some reason. As you can see it definitely works, the parts list is:

SN95 front timing cover
SN95 water pump
Custom water pump pulley (ASP)
Custom lower hub (ASP)
Gen 2 lower pulley (I used LFP)

20220712_001441999_iOS.jpg

That's awesome Raymond.
Is your lower hub different since you run the novi?
Thought I read somewhere that the novi didn't sit in the same place.

That's awesome Raymond.
Is your lower hub different since you run the novi?
Thought I read somewhere that the novi didn't sit in the same place.

Nope, I run the same lower hub as Jamie and Tommy no issues there. Worked fine with the Vortech Renegade lower as well.

What pulley sizes and belt length are you running? trying to decide if there are belt sizes to do 10 rib

That would be great Raymond. Lee doesn’t have any details saved for Jaime’s water pump pulley.

What size lower drive pulley are you running?

Is the hub custom or just a stock gen 2 Lightning hub?

Do you happen to know if the Metco rings require Metco hub?

I've run both the 9.25" (6psi) and the 8.25" (2psi) Lightning Force pulleys. I dropped down to the 8.25 due to some belt throwing issues. After pulling my motor for the oil pan leak I looked really close at my blower case and I believe the blower brace I was using was in a bind and pulling the blower out of alignment. So I have build a new brace and will test fit it soon.

The lower hub is custom from ASP

That I do not know, do you have pics of the Metcos? If they work with a stock Gen2 lower they **should** work with this custom lower.

Photo dump!

20220702_014747948_iOS.jpg
20220702_014754008_iOS.jpg
20220702_225017511_iOS.jpg
20220712_001441999_iOS.jpg
20220712_003202404_iOS.jpg

Nice pics! Any idea where the other water pump pullies came from? Wonder if ASP has made one for anyone else with saved dimensions? Here is a pic of the Metco ring:
c366601670fe05fc2c28d8cadd11f674.jpg

Tell Lee to look up the water pump pulley for Tommy Molloy see if he has any details from when he made his.

We go through this every time someone tries to do this setup.

Tell Lee to look up the water pump pulley for Tommy Molloy see if he has any details from when he made his.

We go through this every time someone tries to do this setup.

Exactly, make sure he looks for Thomas as well. He couldn’t find the lower until he looked for Thomas :)

The water pump they looked up using Tommy.
The lower hub I believe was using yours and Jamie's info.
Josh can chime in and confirm.
He did the leg work of calling and getting the parts ordered for us.

Confirmed. Lee had the crank drive saved as a master file and was able to find the water pump pulley under Thomas Malloy which was apparently made at a different time vs the crank drive. I asked Lee (ASP) to save the crank and water pump pullies together so the next time someone needs one, he will be able to locate without all the back and fourth. Thanks again.

Back