plugs

03blksvt

hey guys i tried to search on here for posts on easy ways to change plugs out and i couldnt find one anywhere... so if you guys could help with telling me or leading me to that section... i would greatly appreciate it

thanks

adam

a few extensions a 3/8 ratchet maybe a swivel fitting and a few hours they are all easy except the ones on the very back just be patient and you will get it hope this helps

changing plugs

I just changed mine for the first time iit takes a couple hours, about 45 minutes on passenger side and over an hour on the drivers side...Remove all the coils on the side youre working on and unplug the injector wires all of them for working clearance...Next and very important take an air hose and blow out any debri where the plugs reside, after cleaning I sprayed wd40 in around the plugs...Break the plugs loose 1/4 turn and let the lubricant get to the threads for a few minutes...I had a couple plugs coming out tight so i continued to spray so i wouldnt pull threads out...Make sure you apply anti seize to threads and seat of the new plugs and torque to 100 inch pounds..You can pull back some of the hoses on the passenger side and use ties for easier access..Remove 3 bolts on power steering reservoir and move out way on drivers side...Its easier than it looks, hope this helps, Ken

Back