PiMP and 60lbs Upgrade

Required

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Raymond’s updates were making me jealous so I decided to do a few upgrades I’ve been planning.

Installed PiMPxShift last weekend and got my truck started and running on jack stands. Everything was good so I decided it was a good time to do engine bay clean up and toss in some Siemens Deka 60lbs/hr injectors. No use burning fuel and probably a set of spark plugs on an FMU and 19lbs/hr tune I won’t use anyway.

While I had the intake off I cleaned up vacuum lines and PCV stuff. Somehow when disconnecting the battery cable from my solenoid it pulled out the post. Amazon had Motorcraft so replaced that. Fixed a few minor leaks.

Should be buttoning up the upper intake and throttle body tomorrow. It had some junky bolts and long studs so I ordered the correct ones. I’ll be starting off the Stinger base tune again with the new injectors. No huge issues yet, but I used the crap out of this forum and the 93-95 F150 Lightning Parts List 2020-06-15 document. So thanks to all that contribute!

Attachments

• 23FB8303-6672-43C4-BB9C-B84BACA33E06.jpeg
    23FB8303-6672-43C4-BB9C-B84BACA33E06.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 35
Well it still starts and runs post 60lbs upgrade. After setting up required fuel the only big difference was my VE at idle was like 52-54 and now is more 24-26. I expected some differences but feel like I need to double check everything so I don’t start tuning on bad foundations as has been mentioned here before.

Otherwise everything seems okay so far. I will admit I wasted a set of plugs taking my time setting idle the first time. Going in more prepared this week with a bit more practical experience.

Are you still batch fire? You can tweak "req_fuel" downwards until your AFRs are where you want them. Big injectors can be a little tough to idle in batch mode.

The thing is it says enter the actual values for injectors Unless you have Batch fire V8 with smaller than 60lbs. Batch fire enter double the size. So it’s 4 squirts, alternating, and 4 injectors @ 1260 for a RF of 3.8.

Alternatively same settings but actual injector size(630) RF is 7.7.

I’m guessing my required fuel should be 3.8 not 7.7. With the 19lbs it was 12.1.

Are you still batch fire? You can tweak "req_fuel" downwards until your AFRs are where you want them. Big injectors can be a little tough to idle in batch mode.
My id1700x injectors idle great in batch mode. Though, I'm sure injector quality matters as well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

My id1700x injectors idle great in batch mode. Though, I'm sure injector quality matters as well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yeah, stock harness. Just upgraded fuel system, injectors a V-1, long tubes, punisher VB.

Everything is looking good at idle and has sharp throttle response. Going to run through the gears on the jack stands and button up the inner fender tonight. Weather permitting I really want to get some autotune time before Thursday (rain likely). So if I need to order anything I can have it by the weekend.

I actually should've said, "You can tweak req_fuel downwards until your VEs are where you want them."
I picked up on what your were putting down. It was the docs that say double the injector size for batch fire smaller than 60s part that confused me. It says batch fire double your actual injector. But it also says “smaller than 60” so I just put in actual size. It was rich, changed it to double and much better. If that makes any sense.

I’m pretty happy so far with the new injectors and PCM. I ran around a bit did some autotune, made some trans tweaks. I haven’t got into any real boost yet, maybe this weekend. I’m still not 100% convinced I have the base timing matched 1:1, going to pop the #1 plug and do TDC.

I saw some of ya’ll using push-loc vacuum lines so I went ahead and setup to redo it all. I talked to an LS guy last weekend who burned down his turbo LS when he popped a silicone vacuum hose.

I’m pretty happy so far with the new injectors and PCM. I ran around a bit did some autotune, made some trans tweaks. I haven’t got into any real boost yet, maybe this weekend. I’m still not 100% convinced I have the base timing matched 1:1, going to pop the #1 plug and do TDC.

I saw some of ya’ll using push-loc vacuum lines so I went ahead and setup to redo it all. I talked to an LS guy last weekend who burned down his turbo LS when he popped a silicone vacuum hose.

So good to hear! Yeah definitely go push lock

You may want to take a look at the trans tune file I posted on Mav's thread. It's what I run in both of my trucks more or less, with different WOT shift points.

You can do a comparison check with it.

Glad to hear you're in business!

Looks like you are getting some spring cleaning done under the hood. Looks good.

Jeff's trans tune worked really well in my set up.

Let us know how your first drive goes.

You may want to take a look at the trans tune file I posted on Mav's thread. It's what I run in both of my trucks more or less, with different WOT shift points.

You can do a comparison check with it.

Glad to hear you're in business!
Is there a way to compare the shift curves and line pressures? I only see the base setting for trans controller.

I posted over on Stinger's support forum regarding some pinging. I keep reading the ignition table is pretty conservative, but I still get pinging at 40%ish throttle on 92 octane. On 109 not hearing as much. I tried dropping a few degrees in the table and indeed I hear less pinging but that may be a side effect of the lack of power. I'm thinking I have a misconfig somewhere. I triple checked timing and it says 20 at a fixed 20.

It drives and idles pretty good other then not being able to get very deep into the loud pedal. Hopefully wesk can get me squared away, I'd like to get out this weekend and make some good pulls. I really am liking the trans control, it makes drivability 100% better. Very snappy throttle response too.

Verify your timing with a light and ensure it matches what Tuner Studio shows at a few different RPM points.

Also what is your air fuel ratio through the RPM range when it pings? Do you have a datalog?

Verify your timing with a light and ensure it matches what Tuner Studio shows at a few different RPM points.

Also what is your air fuel ratio through the RPM range when it pings? Do you have a datalog?
I tossed a datalog here -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJT_p5UxygMEFy5kWadnelwvM00KJ7fC/view?usp=share_link

I have checked the timing is at 10 assuming my pointer is correct. I'm going to TDC check it tomorrow just in case. I will run at 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500 and 4000. Going to need my ear plugs for sure.

Attachments

• 2023-03-22_16.38.06.msq
    285.6 KB · Views: 2
Stinger's timing table is definitely extremely conservative at most loads. I've added a lot of timing through most of the non-boost range. Though keep in mind I'm running two ~9:1 compression ratio combos.

Is there a way to compare the shift curves and line pressures? I only see the base setting for trans controller.

I've started doing a lot of my comparisons in Excel because TunerStudio's abilities are pretty limited, especially compared to other tuning software.

I created a workbook that I use to develop my shift curves. Otherwise it's almost impossible to tell if they make sense because, unlike the US Shift software, TunerStudio doesn't have a good way to compare the curves for different gears. The workbook allows me to compare RPMs, MPHs, etc and then formats the results so that I can just copy and paste the information into TunerStudio.

Back