Need some hood help!!!

2_FAST4U

Rob,

I am now in the market for a new hood. I do like your shaker, but I am going for something with a little more aggressive look. I know about the Cervini designs, but I was wondering what else is out there for these trucks!!

------------------
Team JDM East
2000 Black Lightning
4,808lbs full trim weight
4,750lbs race trim weight
14.026@97.12--Bone Stock
12.92@105.46--Best time!!
New Times Coming Soon!!!!!!!
----MODS----
01' tail lights
Lebra Tonneau
NGK TR-6s
Full Mobil 1 synthetic oil treatment
JDM 90mm MAF
JDM Oil Breather
JDM Flip Chip Street/strip
JDM Lower Pulley
JDM Electric fan
JDM Line Mod Valve
JDM Driveshaft Loop
JDM 5" Aluminum Driveshaft
JDM #1 upper pulley
JDM 4X4 trans Sump Pan
& 4X4 Trans Filter Kit
170 thermostat
Cobra R water pump
2" drop shackles
NVLOPE--Activities Chairman
Northern Virginia Lightning Owners & Performance Enthusiasts
tunedbyJDM.jpg

Statistics show that BLACK is the fastest!!

I'll post some pics later. Right now the two companies I've dealt with and can vouch for their quality is Pro-Finish and Cervini's. I've seen just about every other hood on the market at this years shows and I was not impressed with any of them. Basically you get what you pay for and I would never put a hood on my truck that had huge gaps or wavy finish or any other deformaties I've seen this year. Pics later
smile.gif

Rob,

Thanks for the input!!! I think I am leaning for the cowl hood. Maybe if I found one that was already painted, I would probably buy that one!!

Thanks for the help!!!

------------------
Team JDM East
2000 Black Lightning
14.026@97.12--Bone Stock
----MODS----
01' tail lights
Lebra Tonneau
NGK TR-6s
JDM 90mm MAF
JDM Oil Breather
JDM Lower Pulley
JDM Electric fan
JDM Line Mod Valve
JDM Driveshaft Loop
JDM #1 upper pulley
JDM 4X4 trans Sump Pan
& 4X4 Trans Filter Kit
170 thermostat
Cobra R water pump
2" drop shackles
tunedbyJDM.jpg

Rob, I have a question about a certain hood also. There's one in sport truck mag. in the Truck Performance.com advertisement. I looked on their website but did not see it. I was wondering if you may know who makes it & how the fit is. In the advertisement it is a supercrew with flames & a Lightning front bumper. Any help or info. is appreciated. Thanks,Sam

------------------
Red 99L #1069 of 4000,JDM chip,JDM 2lb. lower pulley,90mm MAF,Lightning hitchcover,Custom Lightning floormats,Tinted windows, Bedrug, A.R.E LS 2 with wing, V1 with remote,JL stage 2 Ram Air,Clear corners,Billet Lightning pedals,Billet third brake light cover

Sam, I know exactly what you're talking about I'll just have to dig up that companies info.

2 Fast,

Cowl hood is very cool. Spiro had one on his truck and the fit and finish were very good. His hood was from Cervini's.

The Cervini's web page describes that cowl hood as "lift-off". What is that, exactly? Is it still a reliable hood for everyday use, or is it for show only?

------------------

2000 Black Lightning

That is a different hood. The price on that one is $239 something. If you click on the ram-air hood you can see the price is $439. Now, click on the cowl hood again and it comes up with the $439 one. That is the one you buy. I don't know why Cervini's did their page like that, but it is stupid.

------------------
Team JDM East
2000 Black Lightning
14.026@97.12--Bone Stock
----MODS----
01' tail lights
Lebra Tonneau
NGK TR-6s
JDM 90mm MAF
JDM Oil Breather
JDM Lower Pulley
JDM Electric fan
JDM Line Mod Valve
JDM Driveshaft Loop
JDM #1 upper pulley
JDM 4X4 trans Sump Pan
& 4X4 Trans Filter Kit
170 thermostat
Cobra R water pump
2" drop shackles
tunedbyJDM.jpg

Madhouse,

A lift off hood is held in place with pins NOT the factory latch. Race only set up. Plus, it's not as strong as the street version.

Hey Rob - on that aeroform site they keep mentioning 97-98, is it not the same for 99+ models? Roll pans, too?

The hoods will fit '99 and up trucks. The Roll Pans are for the Styleside beds, although a call to Aeroform couldn't hurt. The only company making roll pans for the styleside right now is Lund but if you want to wait 'till next year I'll post pics of my new setup from Pro-Finish which will be top notch but it will NOT be a bolt in kit.

RobG, Thanks for the web address I knew you were the one that could help me. Thanks again, Sam

------------------
Red 99L #1069 of 4000,JDM chip,JDM 2lb. lower pulley,90mm MAF,Lightning hitchcover,Custom Lightning floormats,Tinted windows, Bedrug, A.R.E LS 2 with wing, V1 with remote,JL stage 2 Ram Air,Clear corners,Billet Lightning pedals,Billet third brake light cover

Back