Muncie Drag Day

olefafl

Barn Yard Performance
This is a copy/paste from http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2374

I was on there looking to see if the SRT-10 driver I was next to today posted.

Date:

June 5, 2005

Where:

Muncie IN Dragway "Home of the Action Traction"

What:

"THE SHOOTOUT CONTINUES" as Indipala SS is once again hosting this world class event at the Muncie, Indiana Dragway. This IHRA sanctioned track was invaded last year for what was called "some of the best drag racing ever" in this region. Enthusiasts from Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and even Connecticut (thanks Paul) raced all day long as the first Annual Indipala SS Shootout took place.

This year this new yearly tradition promises to be even better with CASH PRIZES for first and second in each of the following classes.

E.T.
Super Natural
Super Modified

ONLY ACCEPTING FIRST 100 REGISTERED

ALL MAKES and MODELS are invited to attend as long as they weight 4,000 without the driver.

Registration Fee is only $45.00 in advance or $55.00 at the gate (CHECK OUT WHO IS COMING)

Download our pre-registration form (PDF format) by clicking here

Track opens at 10:00 am

Testing will take place from 11:00 am - 1:30 pm

Eliminations begin at 2:00pm

Standard IHRA rules apply - no shorts - no open toed shoes - helmet required if going faster then 14 seconds

Cars will be tech inspected for basic safety rules. Battery must be tied down, no hub caps, no floor mats, working belts or harness, drive shaft loops when needed, no leaking fluids and overall good condition of car mechanically.

Directions to the Track and Hotel information:

Take I-69 to State Road 28 and exit east. Follow this road for about 16 miles - the track will be to your right hand side right before the town of Albany, IN.

There are several chains of hotels available in Muncie which is only about 28 miles north of Indy. Some of your choices will be along exit 109 which are

Fairfield Inn, Holiday Inn, Days Inn and Comfort Inn among others. No host hotel has been arranged at this point.

For More Information:

Additional information can be obtained by contacting the following people:

Jeff Green- Event Cordinator 317.727.9853

Jeff Bremmer

j_bremer@sbcglobal.net

Jim Snider

jsnider@lightbound.com

Phillip Sheffield

jndipalass@yahoo.com

Here is the link: http://www.goissca.com/~indipalass/...ncieDrags05.htm

I don't think I've ever seen Muncie do a 'tech inspection'.....1/2 the cars wouldn't run on that track if they did!

henceforth the reason I won't race there.

If a driver wishes to kill themself by ignoring safety, that's fine. It affecting my safety is where I take issue.

Bob

Back