MAF Conv. on Low Budget

U just answered lot my ?s since I want I. To do this and was thank in that it was possible to use a stock e4od maf computer

Reviving an Uber dead thread- I have since put an entire 96 5.8 OBD2 harness everything in my 95. Couldn’t be happier! I do wonder why you couldn’t just simply pull a 5.0 MAF OBD1 truck (or Bronco) harness with a E4OD and literally be done in a long afternoon with zero splicing cutting? A dyno tune of course is imperative and should be part of anyone cost total. I had a Tweeker and not interested in that again especially dealing with Mike- just a terrible experience. Anyway I ended up using a slot style MAF (which I was told by 5-ology would be a no go) and 47# injectors using SCT software and all is very good- with zero tuning it fired right up and idled after a couple stalls. After the tune it was just awesome. Personally I would make the big effort to use factory parts unless your electrical chops are legitimately strong - as in you could be paid for your services.

i have a 94 ford f150 302 and am installing a 94 ford lightening drive train in, my question is can i keep the f150 mass airflow wiring harness and install the California F5TF-AAA ecm in it and have it work with some tuning?

If the PCM is for an E4OD, yes it will work with tuning, but you’ll have to mod the harness to accommodate differences in sensor locations.

I am thinking of converting over to MAS air when I build motor in my 95 Lightning. I see this is an old thread and still reading and reading old posts but was wondering if there are any newer ways to convert without spending huge $$$$?

I am thinking of converting over to MAS air when I build motor in my 95 Lightning. I see this is an old thread and still reading and reading old posts but was wondering if there are any newer ways to convert without spending huge $$$$?

There are so many alternatives to swapping out engine harnesses or messing with chips. It really depends on your definition of "huge $$$$". To me the Stinger Xshift is the way to go. As close to plug and play as you can get.

If you are good with electronics you could go the DIY Autotune route and buy a Megasquirt and a Microsquirt, build them and you can have all the same functionality as the PiMPxShift. Again, do not go this route unless you are very comfortable with wiring and electronics. Last time my brother and I spoke with their tech support the guy was a real AH.

There are so many alternatives to swapping out engine harnesses or messing with chips. It really depends on your definition of "huge $$$$". To me the Stinger Xshift is the way to go. As close to plug and play as you can get.
As I rebuild my 95 I want to go to Stinger X shift set up so as I am looking for a donor truck does harness matter as long as it is v8 with auto tranny from 94 95 or 96?

The wiring to the transmission is different for the E4OD and 4R70W. I've done enough rewiring on my trucks over the years that I wouldn't let that stop me if I found a good 4R70W truck harness.

It's just wire. And the connectors are available.

Back