Getting the Red/Black 93 Back on the Road?

LOL! Nothing is up, still waiting for the truck to come home, its still in MI. I'm going to be shipping my Foxbody for a little vacation.

I shipped cars cross country when I moved from CA to IN. I had a transporter full at that point in my life (I'm back up to 5 vehicles now... how does this keep happening?). The guy put the big block truck over the cab of the transporter! Watching him load that thing was a seriously anxiety inducing experience.

Oh heck no! I couldn't watch one of my vehicles go up there, plus knowing that it was fully exposed, I'd drive myself nuts worrying. The lower deck of the open hauler would at least offer some protection.

I gave Chuck the guy i used to ship my Lightning from Pa to Sc contact info. Hes a friend of a friend. I was impressed when he showed up with a beautiful Intech Aluminum enclosed trailer.

Talked to him today, seems like a good guy. His price isn't inexpensive, ut sounds like you get what you pay for.

@lightn95 So that is your truck on his Instagram. I saw a pic of a white Lightning and was wondering. I'm really leaning toward using him, he seems very legit and trustworthy. But man, I wish it was cheaper! 😁

@Raymond_B Sure, its $2100. I've had quotes as low as $900 (probably scammers), and as high as $4100, but most are in the $1900-2300 range. This is enclosed. If the car were running and I was willing to go open trailer I could get it done for $1200. I bet these prices would be a lot better if diesel weren't so expensive!

Another month and a half have gone by, still no truck. I made a list of past milestone dates and came up with at least 11 times the truck was going to be completed by a specified date, 1- time work was performed by a 3rd party without my prior consent, an initial email stating there was about a weeks worth of work total (before the trans issue was discovered to be fair, still shouldn't have been gone more than maybe 6-8 weeks), and stating work started as far back as 10/1/2021. It's now been 20 months.

Another month and a half have gone by, still no truck. I made a list of past milestone dates and came up with at least 11 times the truck was going to be completed by a specified date, 1- time work was performed by a 3rd party without my prior consent, an initial email stating there was about a weeks worth of work total (before the trans issue was discovered to be fair, still shouldn't have been gone more than maybe 6-8 weeks), and stating work started as far back as 10/1/2021. It's now been 20 months.

What's their latest excuse?

Good question. Last Monday they were finishing up a few last things and hoped to fire it that day. Thats the last response I've received. I get we went through CoVID, staffing issues, etc but over a year and a half is just too long.

Latest update as of yesterday 4/6/23, they "plan to be test driving the truck next week".

As of a week ago, the truck turns over but doesn't start. And there has been no update since. Someday :cry:

Oh lord. Brett's gremlins found a new home. Ug. What did they rewire?
No idea honestly. I know there was some wiring clean up, they rewired the e-fan and did something with the battery cables. I got an email today that its a spark issue, no other info provided.

So a couple of weeks ago I received a very snotty email from the owner, whatever... Last Wednesday I received another email stating they hoped to be driving it last Friday, but nothing since. Someday...

I had planned to bring the truck to Carlisle, so I came anyway. I'm looking forward to the show tomorrow and Saturday, Im hoping to see some Gen 1's!

I just can't fathom what is taking so long... I mean really. Your labor rate is the same as anyone else's, so why won't they get it done?

Depends on how many are working there I guess

Some do alot of tuning or quick jobs to keep money turning so it happens

No reason for then to be snotty tho!

Hopefully truck is what you are wanting and expecting once done

Back