Getting it Show Ready

I need some tips on what to do before a car show.

I have two days till. And I don't know where to start. The only thing that is ready is the paint althought It got a bit dirty from a night cruise. Should I wash it or use a QD on the paint?

What about the engine, wheels etc. Can someone explain what all is needed to prepare a truck?

Also, on the engine, I don't want to spray it because I don't want to wet the paint, although I may just re-wash the whole truck. i need some pointers?

Thanks

I wax my rims, like I wax the rest of the truck. (Gen 1) Then I use tire gel with a sponge applicator to do the tires. I like the gel better than tire foam or similar products because you don't get the over-spray, it lasts longer, and in my humble opinion, it looks better. How dirty is it under your hood? I keep mine pretty clean, so I can usually just wipe everything down with a damp cloth, then wipe it again with the gel if I want it to shine. (excluding painted surfaces) I usually hit the inner wheel wells with the gel too, just to make them nice & black. Inside I use a soft paintbrush to clean dust out of little nooks & crannies like vents & small creases. I vacuum of course & every once in a while I pull out the ol' Hoover Steam Vac & shampoo the interior. (after 184xxx miles, it needs a good shampoo) ;) Clean all the glass, armor all. Oh yah, and I polish my exhaust tips with some good Stainless Steel polish.

Nice, thanks.

What is a good SS polish to use?Or wil anyone work?

It's not too bad under the hood but I want it to look like I detailed it, or tried too.

Were it's really bad is the inner rims, and the entire undercarrige. But I'm not fooling with that. I don't want to take my tires off so I'' try to get underneath the truck and clean inside the rims?

The truck got a good polish the other day, would a wash take away from the polish? And what QD spray do I use after?

I use never-dull on the SS.

A wash may take away, but not very likely. I just make sure to dry mine W/ a shammy so I don't get any spots or streaks.

QD spray?

QD = Quick Detailer.

For regular store bought stuff you can't go wrong with Meguiars quick detailer in the burgundy bottle.

I use Mothers "Natural Shine" vinyl/rubber treatment (armor all stuff ) on the engine bay plastic & hoses. It's also nice to spray the inside of the wheel wells with to give them a nice clean appearance. It doesn't come out "shiny" looking, the plastic & rubber just ends up looking brand new, which is why I like the Mothers stuff.

Back