gen1 turbo kit

slowf150

I got a question about the silver state motorsports turbo kit. I just got the kit and was planning on putting it on a 408w with afr205 heads and trickflow box r intake. I was hoping to make 800rwhp but all piping looks a little small. So i was wondering if anyone knows how much power you can make with this kit and a 80 or 88mm turbo?

I can't say on your combo,
but for reference, I feel the same way.
I have one of the smaller header Pickrell kits.
the ports on my Vic jrs barely seal to the headers, lol. I am very limited on only the stock 2 fuel pumps currently.
@7psi on a 393cid, stock ecm, master power T-70, trick flow "box", stock TB, it made 500 RWHP 500 torque. ran out of fuel at 4500.

I bet you can do it, The real question is if you are going to over stress everything to overcome the piping size.
Hopefully someone has experience with your kit.

At 800 RWHP are you running a race block? think that's past the outter limit of a stock F4 block

It's still on the stock block. I know it's really past it's limits but I've heard of people doing it and if it blows I'll get a dart block. I heard they didn't build many kits but I was hoping somebody would know how far it would take me before i get to much back pressure.

Off topic, but do you have the supporting mods for 800 RWHP? trans, fuel system etc?

Last edited:
The transmission is but i need most of the fuel system yet. I got 1/2" rails but i want a sumped rear tank and 105 lb injectors. I'm also going to get the fast xfi so i got a ways to go yet but hopefully it will all come together yet!

FWIW 1 5/8" headers and 2.5 turbo piping is big enough to support 1000 rwhp.The issue is more on the downpipe size because at 3" which is the avg. size of a 70-76 mm turbo, backpressure will become an issue.For example my 76 has a 3" dp on a t4 frame.On my brothers car ona 326 c.i motor with the above sized piping he was making close to 900 rwhp.I'm looking to make 700ish on the truck.It would've made more but the turbo was out of compressor map.It wouldn't make more than 24lbs. of boost and the power leveled of at 22psi.His new turbo is a gt4708r which is a t6 framed 80mm.It has a 4" inlet and 5" downpipe outlet.His new headers are 1 3/4" with a 2.5" xover pipe and makes about 1250 rwhp.So in short, the silverstate kit will not leave you looking for more power.

My combo is a 383 and the silverstate kit with my brothers 76mm.It will make more than enough to split the block like an egg if you want.The additional cubes and airflow are going to push the turbo out of the efficient zone more easily though.I doubt the turbo will make much more power at 18-20 psi than it will at 14.We'll see, I'll be going on the dyno in the next 2 weeks.I have 83lb. injectors and they are more than enough for gas.Not for e-85.If you want the stock block to live, keep the rpm's below 6500 and the power to around 650-700.I also have a new punisher built e40d/ 4r100 and full fuel system.My rotating assembly is also balanced neutral which will help the harmonics down.

Sounds good ill have to put the kit on and try it. I'm going to be running e85 so thats why i want to run the big injectors. I'm planning on shifting a 6000 rpm. I want to run a low 10 sec 1/4 mile at full weight because thats what all the pesky chevys are running out here!

2.5" turbine feed is enough for 1000+ as mentioned. Smaller pipes keep the velocity up which helps spool. I have seen stock mustang 302 headers make 800hp and they were still not the limiting factor. A 5" downpipe can be had on a lightning easily, one brake line needs to be modified.

I want to put a 4" downpipe on. Are any of you guys running intank fuel pumps at higher horsepower or does everyone just go go with a sumped rear tank with a inline pump? I had bought 2 walbro 340 pumps but it looks like most people just go with the sumped tank instead! I've heard it's kind of hard to keep fuel at the pump when going to a bigger intank pump.

I want to put a 4" downpipe on. Are any of you guys running intank fuel pumps at higher horsepower or does everyone just go go with a sumped rear tank with a inline pump? I had bought 2 walbro 340 pumps but it looks like most people just go with the sumped tank instead! I've heard it's kind of hard to keep fuel at the pump when going to a bigger intank pump.

I run a sumped rear tank into the front tank, for capacity, return to both tanks, for some cooling, sumped front tank to Walbro A1100 pump.

Ok I'm installing the turbo kit now and got a gt45 76mm turbo. How did you like (rudder9) or anyone else make it fit? The turbo is a lot bigger then I thought it would be. With the silver state motorsport kit where did you put the oil drain and I guess you get the oil feed from where the oil pressure sensor goes. Thanks!

My turbo is a turbonetics t series t4 7668. Mine bolted right in place. The up pipe that comes through hole in engine cradle requires you to re locate the oil filter. I used the adapterplate from Canton that has the in/out ports for the oil lines out the side. You can adjust the plate so the filter lines come out at any angle you'd like.As far as oil feed to turbo and oil pressure gauge. I used a brass nipple into hole then a couple brass t- fittings to connect feed line and pressure sensor to.My oile drain is on drivers side of pan about 4" back from front. make sure your drain fitting is in line with a crank main to prevent oil splashing back up into the drain line. can cause smoking issues with turbo.

Ok thanks. Mine is the t4 7677. I got the oil filter relocation kit. It looks like I'll have to cut part of the inner fender out for the intake side and the brake master cylinder is kind of in the way. I figured I would have to move a brake line but didn't think the whole thing would be in the way.

I was wondering about the exhaust after the turbo. I'm going 4" do you guys use aluminum or steel. On ether one what thickness do you use. Is there a certain kind of aluminum you have to use to withstand the heat or is it all the same. Last where do you get it from. I believe someone posted a eBay link from where you could order an assortment of bends for cheap but I can't find it.

Back