Disc brake conversion for 15 inch wheels

Shop_queen93

Hey guys,

I don’t post on here as much as I need to but wanted to share a new product I’m in the process of finishing up. I’ve designed a brake kit to fit 15 inch wheels without having to grind the caliper to pieces.

It will be a direct bolt on kit, no cutting or welding involved. I’ve remachined 99 Ford Explorer rotors and designed a bracket to fit an SN95 mustang caliper on the rear. I originally designed this kit for the 1st gen guys but figured I’d include you 2nd gen guys as well.

Currently figuring out the brake lines to see if stock lines will fit or if braided upgrades are needed. Park brake is still in the design faze as well. You’ll use original park brakes I just have to figure out how I want to mount them. Considering flipping them around and making a bracket for the intermediate cable since the original cable end at the brake side isn’t going to work with the smaller calipers. I will keep updating as I get further along but should have something ready to test in 2-4 weeks.
55963c485be0df896167c05c36fe8b8a.jpg

dce8a4e3e04fb096a2cc618e0f4202e3.jpg

5af9ac4b3e8957e665c8898cc6808ec6.jpg

6f1321e6f87e6d0a7c10433195361bcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

I don’t post on here as much as I need to but wanted to share a new product I’m in the process of finishing up. I’ve designed a brake kit to fit 15 inch wheels without having to grind the caliper to pieces.

It will be a direct bolt on kit, no cutting or welding involved. I’ve remachined 99 Ford Explorer rotors and designed a bracket to fit an SN95 mustang caliper on the rear. I originally designed this kit for the 1st gen guys but figured I’d include you 2nd gen guys as well.

Currently figuring out the brake lines to see if stock lines will fit or if braided upgrades are needed. Park brake is still in the design faze as well. You’ll use original park brakes I just have to figure out how I want to mount them. Considering flipping them around and making a bracket for the intermediate cable since the original cable end at the brake side isn’t going to work with the smaller calipers. I will keep updating as I get further along but should have something ready to test in 2-4 weeks.
55963c485be0df896167c05c36fe8b8a.jpg

dce8a4e3e04fb096a2cc618e0f4202e3.jpg

5af9ac4b3e8957e665c8898cc6808ec6.jpg

6f1321e6f87e6d0a7c10433195361bcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I applaud the effort

but I’m left wondering why not just go the proven “jdm mod” route? looks cheaper and a lot less hassle plus you get to keep larger pads and rotors

Some of us like to use all Ford parts. Most of the aftermarket kits all use Chevy parts. Personally I won’t put Chevy parts on my Ford. I also like to support small business.

Some of us like to use all Ford parts. Most of the aftermarket kits all use Chevy parts. Personally I won’t put Chevy parts on my Ford. I also like to support small business.

clearly you don’t understand the JDM brake mod, as it uses all oem parts

The JDM brake mod works fine for Bogart 15" wheels. It will not clear most 15" wheel barrels without grinding material some feel unsafe doing..

Jim

Great kit. JFAB Machining LLC on Facebook. Why are these nice? Save you the same amount of weight as rear Aerospace, cost half as much and don't have to machine down your axles. (And a lot of the time you have to remove some more material on the Aerospace rears to get them to fit...they shouldn't be advertised as clearing 15's all the time.) Hopefully he gets a kit setup to work with the parking brake.

Back