car show question

what all do you guys include in your show space (besides your ride)? i was thinking mirrors underneath to show off the moroso trans pan. anything else you guys do?

I've gotten tired of kids fondling my paint and people climbing inside my truck so I've set up stantions and a perimeter rope. I also have a Show Board which has all my mods on it. It also helps to make up a Judges Reference book with pictures of your mods and explainations of work you've done.

Todd you might want to reconsider the mirror idea unless your entire undercarriage is spotless. What will happen is that the judge will look at the obvious (trans-pan) then use the mirror to look at any nook and cranny that has dirt, rust, is under painted ECT and deduct points no matter the mods. Mirrors are often used for trailer queens that are not driven…

Three years ago I put together a show prep 101 page for my old team (we had a lot of beginning show vehicles/people) and its still on their site, take a look I think you’ll find some useful information.

http://www.teamfx.us/index-1.html

If anyone has any feedback to the write up I’d love to here it.

Good luck,

Tom :bout:

Another car show tip is to wax your truck and leave the wax on
until you park your truck at the show........then you wax it off
that means you have to get there earlier than you normally do to do this

painted to match items. i.e. racing floor jack, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, helmet. ford/svt promo items.

LOL, you know me to well my friend! :eek:ldtu: But they would be applying Flynn’s detail mist!

By using clay bar and longevity once every 4 months, I'll never wax at a show again... :clinkmugs

Tom

Back