Button Restoration

SVT1116

Howdy,

Has anyone ever restored there interior switches with color fading and paint coming off? Kinda like in this link.

Well hey, Rich! It's been a minute.

Cruise control buttons could use a refresh... But I don't see our old stuff in their list?

Well Hows it going there , it has been a while. I have been lurking. I've been trying to pretty some things up. Yeah that's what I saw. Nothing old. I really can't seem to find anyone that does this as a service even with car restorations.

Did you email them? I just did. The more of us who do, the more likely they'll support our vehicles.

Howdy,

Has anyone ever restored there interior switches with color fading and paint coming off? Kinda like in this link.

Some switch/knobs are still available last time I checked:
- A/C knobs
- OD cancel switch
- Headlamp knob

And I occasionally see used-in-good-condition stuff on eBay for
- lumbar & bolster switches
- power window/lock/mirror switches

I got a call back message late today from the actual manufacturer about this. Anything specific I should remember to discuss with him? I'm planning on the headlight knob & the switch beside it, '94-97 cruise buttons, the door switches (at least the driver's), maybe the MFS (wiper interval marks)... What am I forgetting?

ButtonWear92-97.jpg

I got a call back message late today from the actual manufacturer about this. Anything specific I should remember to discuss with him? I'm planning on the headlight knob & the switch beside it, '94-97 cruise buttons, the door switches (at least the driver's), maybe the MFS (wiper interval marks)... What am I forgetting?

View attachment 103789

Gen1 Lightning Fog Light Switch.

any and all

windows, locks, tanks, lights, mirrors, fog light probably wont happen, and i have a faded hazard which probably wont happen either

I had some time today to call him, and he says he'll do all the design & tooling for whatever buttons I send him, and return all the buttons to me. All I have to pay is postage both ways. Then he'll offer the button covers for sale, based on what I sent. So if you want the Lightning-specific fog light switch done, someone needs to send me one of those buttons to put with the others that I have for regular trucks & Broncos. It doesn't have to be attached to a working switch, and it doesn't even need the green indicator window - just a good top surface, even if the white graphic is worn away. But if you have a good switch that needs this repair, I'll send it back to you after he sends it back to me repaired. Is there anything else unique to '93-95 Lightnings that he'll need? I already have plenty of mirror switches, window & lock switches, tank switches, MFSs (wiper/hazard), '94-97 cruise buttons, headlight knobs... I guess I should try to find some diesel stuff, too...

Last edited:
I found a switch with the same rocker as your fog lamp switch, so I don't need that any more. These are what I've collected & cleaned so far.

Attachments

• CruisePads.jpg
    CruisePads.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 24
  • DashSwitches.jpg
    DashSwitches.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DoorSwitches.jpg
    DoorSwitches.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 24
  • HornAirbagCruises.jpg
    HornAirbagCruises.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 20
  • HornAirbagXLs.jpg
    HornAirbagXLs.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 17
  • MFSs.jpg
    MFSs.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 18
Do the horn & cruise buttons actually need restoration? None of mine show any wear, after cleaning.

Hi Steve,

Checking in and see if anything happened with this it’s been a while. I’ve been super busy to even check in. But getting ready to start with the winter projects for the truck.

I have an extra fog light switch. If that helps.
I know you said you have one like it, but maybe an original would be better?

I'm glad I stumbled into this thread. I'll definitely be looking for some buttons.

Let us know what you need if you need something from a lightning.

Does anyone have a GOOD original MFS with the factory red hazard button that still has the triangle icon on it? What color is the icon (pic)? Replacements have a black hazard button with red icon.

Does anyone have a GOOD original MFS with the factory red hazard button that still has the triangle icon on it? What color is the icon (pic)? Replacements have a black hazard button with red icon.
I'll check out the ones in a few of my trucks when I get home from work this morning.

Back