Another "beware" body shop...

Red Mustang Gt

13.2@105 mph Stock!!!
At all costs, stay away from Bel Air Autobody in Edgewood (Emmorton Road).

I took my wife's Nissan Murano there and it looked like it was in another wreck when they finished! A 2 week job has turned into a month job. And to top it off, the engine is making a whining noise that wasn't there before. The explanation: "the engine oil is over filled and the crank shaft is cavitating the oil". LAUGHABLE EXPLANATION!!! I kindly showed their "tech" how to properly check the oil...it reads normal!!!

It's very obvious that this is a "production" shop and that they do not care what kind of work turns out.

*BTW a bit of advice for every body* if your vehicle is ever damaged in any type of accident, take detailed pictures of the damage outside as well as inside (engine compartment, any aftermarket acessories, etc...). It's a longer story but this shop did some dirty sh** and I cannot prove it now.

I'll keep you up to date on the end results...

Last edited:
Update

Here's an update to be fair:

Upon speaking to the owner of the body shop (Jarrett Ward) about the unprofessional work, he basically blew me off and walked away. I then went to the insurance company for help. The adjuster who is local, went to the shop to personally oversee all of my concerns. The body shop allegedly fixed what I was concerned prior to the adjuster arriving. His words and I quote "PATHETIC"...of the workmanship. So, I stepped out of the picture and let the adjuster take over. Three days later I was TOLD that I needed to pick up my vehicle. Well after a short inspection, the vehicle is done correctly and meets "industry standards" according to the adjuster. Of course the new engine noise is my problem...imagine that?

One of their senior employees actually came forward and said that they were sorry of the way we were treated in the whole situation "this ain't the place it used to be". When I expressed my concerns about the shop, they agreed and made some statements confirming my suspicions about the shop.

Will I ever recommend Bel Air Autobody??? H*LL NO, they have a bunch of KIDS working there...it actually reminded me of vocational school shop.

Last edited:
My S10 Blazer(85 the small one) was stolen in 87 and went to a chevy dealer for repairs after finding it in DC. Long story short- I ended up in a physical confrontation with the body shop manager. I was so mad about the work done to the truck and them blaming it on previous issues, I fell apart and started yelling. The manager pushed me away and I tackled him. He threw the first punch and I tossed him. All said and done, he was fired two weeks later. Car industry is the biggest bunch of rip off artists going. I feel for you!

Brad

damn man i coulda told ya that place was a joke...

not really any good ones left around here. true colors in dundalk is about the only place i know to send people to now

Ive had good experiences with, other acquaintances, a couple friends, and also my boss have had work done by PJ's auto body in Bel Air behind the Golds Gym near Harford Rental and the car auction... I would recommend them, very knowledgable and honest, for example, I talked with Jerry and he recommended I go down the street to dent doctor first to see if they could pull it out because it would cost less, ended up having to have the body shop do it and the work was immaculate... I have also seen various other "expensive" cars in there including Porshe's and a nice looking SRT4 (even though I'm not a fan of those cars)...

It's a lesson well learned...when I get the chance I'll post the whole ordeal with pics...

How's everybody doing???

Here's one photo of the bumper and fender joint which was some of their FINE work!!!

IMG_1896.jpg

When they repaired their F%%% up, they hand sanded it and put touch up paint on with a brush!!! They left the joint together and didn't remove the rust in between. This is when I refused to accept the vehicle...

More photos to come...

Here's one photo of the bumper and fender joint which was some of their FINE work!!!

IMG_1896.jpg

When they repaired their F%%% up, they hand sanded it and put touch up paint on with a brush!!! They left the joint together and didn't remove the rust in between. This is when I refused to accept the vehicle...

More photos to come...

OMFG!!! Sorry dude. That is F'd up!!

As a teen, I worked in a body shop and I can't ever recall f/n up a job this bad. The "orange peel" was so bad, a blind person would have thought that they were reading a brail book!!!

Back